What's new

df1 mb + trait ankh combos

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Dont know how much of this is known already as throwing out ankhs after normal fireballs common practice but you can use the hit advantage from the 3rd hit of mb fireball to proper link into ankh for some pretty tasty damage

1. 3 ankh b1d3 midscreen 513.30 not 562.30
2. 2 ankh b1d3 corner (whiffs on small hitbox chars)
3. 2 ankh 11 corner (whiffs on small hitbox chars)
4. 2 ankh f2 corner (whiffs on small hitbox chars) 583.68 not 640.58
5. 2 ankh spacing after trait combo 496.27 not 541.82
6. spacing to get 3 ankhs to combo

IMPORTANT EDIT: forgot to turn on comp mode when recording some these, will edit in true damage of ones that are comp mode off

Last edited:

1man3letters

I swear this is a stealth buff, I never could do this Prepatch.
really? you test the mb df1 before to far ankh before?
i cant get it to work currently off f2/11 midscreen can 1st ankh drops to far behind them
normal fireball to ankh auto blocks pretty much (i cant get it to combo with bit i tried anyway) so only seem to work with the mb

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Would anyone be able to post the notations for what's in the video? I really want to try these combos out. They look so sick.

DubiousShenron

Beware my power.
I swear this is a stealth buff, I never could do this Prepatch.
No it's not, it's been there since day 1. You actually confirm off the second fireball on hit with the ankhs, but yeah this is nothing new

Edit: didn't know you could confirm into trait fireballs off b1b3 though, that's cool

Last edited:

1man3letters

Would anyone be able to post the notations for what's in the video? I really want to try these combos out. They look so sick.
midscreen one: b1d3~4~df1mb,df3(hold 3), b3, j3 2113 (you can call ankh before b3 if want just makes b3 tad harder)
corner ones :b1d3/11/f2~4~df1mb,df3,f3,j3,11,112~db2
2 ankh spacing "setup combo" f2~4~db2mb, b3 j3, 211~db3...df1mb df3(hold) f3 j3 f2~db2
3 ankh spacing df1mb df3(hold) db3 b3 j3 2113

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
midscreen one: b1d3~4~df1mb,df3(hold 3), b3, j3 2113 (you can call ankh before b3 if want just makes b3 tad harder)
corner ones :b1d3/11/f2~4~df1mb,df3,f3,j3,11,112~db2
2 ankh spacing "setup combo" f2~4~db2mb, b3 j3, 211~db3...df1mb df3(hold) f3 j3 f2~db2
3 ankh spacing df1mb df3(hold) db3 b3 j3 2113
Thanks very much!

Been using this some time. If you start the combo up close you can get the combo with 1 ank.

I usually go for it when i have 2.

Dont know how much of this is known already as throwing out ankhs after normal fireballs common practice but you can use the hit advantage from the 3rd hit of mb fireball to proper link into ankh for some pretty tasty damage

1. 3 ankh b1d3 midscreen 513.30 not 562.30
2. 2 ankh b1d3 corner (whiffs on small hitbox chars)
3. 2 ankh 11 corner (whiffs on small hitbox chars)
4. 2 ankh f2 corner (whiffs on small hitbox chars) 583.68 not 640.58
5. 2 ankh spacing after trait combo 496.27 not 541.82
6. spacing to get 3 ankhs to combo

IMPORTANT EDIT: forgot to turn on comp mode when recording some these, will edit in true damage of ones that are comp mode off
GOOD STUFF!!!!!

This is super good. Too bad that if they block any string into trait xx db1 mb, even if they don't react to trait cancel and full combo punish you there, they can duck all 3 fireballs and punish you while you are stuck throwing them. Hell even if they block first fireball they can duck, the 2nd fireball will still connect but the 3rd one will miss.
Probably a good idea to hitconfirm the db1 mb and cancel into the glyph on block, in case they don't try to interrupt it you are safe)

1man3letters

This is super good. Too bad that if they block any string into trait xx db1 mb, even if they don't react to trait cancel and full combo punish you there, they can duck all 3 fireballs and punish you while you are stuck throwing them. Hell even if they block first fireball they can duck, the 2nd fireball will still connect but the 3rd one will miss.
Probably a good idea to hitconfirm the db1 mb and cancel into the glyph on block, in case they don't try to interrupt it you are safe)
Ye you wouldn't be doing these outside out hitconfirms or punishes

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Why the heck can't I view any of the videos on here anymore from my mobile device it keeps telling me I don't have a plug-in or something