What's new

Debunking "spamming"

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
TYM needs a new kind of hero. A hero that tracks down those who whine about "spamming moves" and the rare "spamming block".
He shall meet them in a dark alley, and pelt them with sealed cans of spam. We'll call him...

[christianbale]"The Spammer"[/christianbale]
#PoeticJustice

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Hey Ketchup, nice vid man!
I learned Ares just to deal with Deathstrokes online. Ares is by far Deathstroke's worst match up i think. However, i use Green Lantern as well sometimes and get in using the air turbine or just MB an oa's rocket then get in as fast as i can. I tried your tech a couple of times with Catwoman (my main), didn't work because it was kinda laggy. I also tried avoiding the bullets using her feline evades. The low evade works perfectly fine but the high evade has a lot of recovery frames and i find myself biting the dust eventually!
Sometimes it gets so frustrating that i litterally put my controller down and watch him spray me down with bullets! Any advise for that? I just need to figure out a way to get in cause when i get close to him with Catwoman, he won't be getting out alive lol

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey Ketchup, nice vid man!
I learned Ares just to deal with Deathstrokes online. Ares is by far Deathstroke's worst match up i think. However, i use Green Lantern as well sometimes and get in using the air turbine or just MB an oa's rocket then get in as fast as i can. I tried your tech a couple of times with Catwoman (my main), didn't work because it was kinda laggy. I also tried avoiding the bullets using her feline evades. The low evade works perfectly fine but the high evade has a lot of recovery frames and i find myself biting the dust eventually!
Sometimes it gets so frustrating that i litterally put my controller down and watch him spray me down with bullets! Any advise for that? I just need to figure out a way to get in cause when i get close to him with Catwoman, he won't be getting out alive lol
Catwomans jumping 2 is a headache for DS to deal with. It beats his J3 and she can air to air for a full combo using cat dash. Against the gunshots, just dash block your way in. I know it's really hard in super laggy connections, but that's just online sometimes, and not character specific.

IMO, Ares isn't a bad match for Deathstroke at all. I guess you can teleport gun happy players, but that's about it really. You can counter zone Ares, especially with low shot, which makes ares's main projectile go over his head. Sometimes, an Ares player that likes to teleport his way in is one of the most predictable things I've ever fought. The matchups pretty even I think. Jump 3 is really effective against Ares too.

Crathen

Death is my business
PND_Ketchup the lag was annoying especially the first round , anyhow what's up with the colours? Can't you fix that? I use an Elgato Capture card and it's really clean looking when i'm recording

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
PND_Ketchup the lag was annoying especially the first round , anyhow what's up with the colours? Can't you fix that? I use an Elgato Capture card and it's really clean looking when i'm recording
It's usually fine when we play in player matches, just seems to lag horribly in lag for some reason.

Like I said, my capture card doesn't record av very well, but it's all I have.

I am going to copy and paste this youtube link to every player sending me hate mail. I think the underlying problem is not DS, but new players not knowing what punishing actually is. I see a lot of players who send me hate mail about spam switching to DS and trying to copy me because they think using DS is just a case of throwing out specials constantly.

Also, as much as people say online lag makes DS harder to fight, it is actually an issue for the whole cast, not just DS. In fact DS is so punishable that lag is not as bad when fighting him compared to other characters with quicker recovery on their punishable moves.

Rodrigue

Spongerod
Catwomans jumping 2 is a headache for DS to deal with. It beats his J3 and she can air to air for a full combo using cat dash. Against the gunshots, just dash block your way in. I know it's really hard in super laggy connections, but that's just online sometimes, and not character specific.

IMO, Ares isn't a bad match for Deathstroke at all. I guess you can teleport gun happy players, but that's about it really. You can counter zone Ares, especially with low shot, which makes ares's main projectile go over his head. Sometimes, an Ares player that likes to teleport his way in is one of the most predictable things I've ever fought. The matchups pretty even I think. Jump 3 is really effective against Ares too.
Ketchup you have to see ryumanjisen 's Deathstroke in action! J2 is a pain in the ass you're right lol. I was called combo spammer today for using too much combos. My combos weren't even the same lol. I am using Batman now. I find him really good to deal with Deathstroke. His trait is really helpful

I consider Spamming and Zoning as different things. Spamers don't care about context. They will mindlessly do the same move over and over again, regardless of how many times you block, dodge, dash or punish. Regardless of being fullscreen, midscreen or right on top of them in the corner.

Zoners on the other hand are the complete opposite of braindead. Constantly needing to make good reads to keep you out. Sometimes not throwing a projectile out and blocking an unsafe punish, sometimes jumping in when the opponent least expects it, dashing in and throwing a crouching opponent waiting for a whiffed projectile.

So on and so on. I'll admit that spaming is more effective online and in certain match ups it can be harder to deal with but it can be dealt with. Rage quiting against it is the worst thing you could do.