What's new

Tech Deathstroke Oki Thread

Are you willing to put in the time to help out find out what oki works?

• Total voters

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Nice to know , just tested this and Bane does the same thing , Lex and Doomsday have to block as a crossup , weird hurtboxes i guess.

Yeah let the corner stuff to me , when i'm done testing the cast i'll put my notes here.

Thanx. I'll get to working on everything else for the characters I post (that I'm testing) in the OP except the korner...

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
so if u try to hit 23 as low as possible then j3 will crossup? ugh, so many specifics and too hard to remember it all x.x. how am i ever gonna master this character :(

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
so if u try to hit 23 as low as possible then j3 will crossup? ugh, so many specifics and too hard to remember it all x.x. how am i ever gonna master this character :(

Yup.. 23 as low as possible will kross up. At least on the ones I've tested like Flash and Supes.

Otherwise it wouldn't and you would have to walk a lil (and lose time) in order to kross up.

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
I don't really understand. Are we testing to see if the set-up works? I was under the impression that they were universal and the only ways to get out of them are the options the set-up gives them and not their own.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
I don't really understand. Are we testing to see if the set-up works? I was under the impression that they were universal and the only ways to get out of them are the options the set-up gives them and not their own.

Basically testing out your options. Not all wake ups are the same.

You kan check out Grundy and Nightwing to get a general idea of what we're doing.

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
Red Reaper Ok here, I've tested 3 characters so far for CoD. Bear in mind that I am testing these wakeups as a HUMAN OPPONENT. This is all that matters in the end really. The CPU is completely capable of doing wakeups against CoD because technically, it does NOT beat wakeups. However, it feels like it beats wakeups because humans are typically unable to react to the input switch given to them when you use F3 to cross up. So I've totally scrapped the idea of using the CPU's wakeup system to go against CoD, and instead am testing this on myself in order to better capture the effect it will have on a real opponent.

THE BF INPUT EFFECT: Okay, so I’ve found a little something when it comes to stuffing wakeups that involve the BF input. If you have a wakeup attack like The Flash’s Lightning Charge, depending on how you make inputs, CoD can either ruin your input and hit you, or cause you to block. It’s all a matter of how long you hold your directions after making the input. If you do BF and let go of F immediately, DS’ F3 will hit you. If you hold it for a bit however, you get an option select block. So the effectiveness of CoD is dependent on how the opponent makes the input. Anything labeled with “BF Effect” reacts this way when tested against the CoD.

Flash:
Speed Dodge – Becomes Lightning Kick, dodges F3 and whiffs
Lightning Kick – Becomes Speed Dodge, dodges F3, punishable
Lightning Charge – Input failure, BF Effect
Sonic Pound – Becomes Flying Uppercut, dodges F3 and whiffs, punishable
Flying Uppercut – Becomes Sonic Pound, dodges F3 and hits
Verdict – Bad. Most Flash players wake up with Flying Uppercut or Lightning Charge. A Flash player attempting to do either will dodge the F3 in one way or another, whether they get the move they wanted or not. If they try LC, they option select block the F3 or get the actual wakeup attack. If they try FU, SP will hit you and HKD you in the corner (VERY bad). Since Flash has wakeup moves on just about EVERY input, he’s got option selects like no other.

Nightwing:
Escrima Fury – Input failure, F3 hits
Flip Kick – Input failure, F3 hits
Flying Grayson – Input failure, BF Effect
Staff Spin – Input failure, F3 hits
Verdict – Good in Escrima, decent in Staff. The go to wakeup for Escrima stance is Flip Kick which gets stuffed. The staff mode wakeup is dependent on the person you’re playing, but you won’t get killed for trying.

Batman:
Slide Kick – Input failure, BF Effect
Cape Parry – Input Failure, F3 hits
Verdict – Good. Very little risk in attempting, Batman’s wakeups aren’t the best.

Axel_Redd

Yup.. 23 as low as possible will kross up. At least on the ones I've tested like Flash and Supes.

Otherwise it wouldn't and you would have to walk a lil (and lose time) in order to kross up.
wait do u mean a neutral j3 or a jump in j3?

Axel_Redd

Testing A Character

If you're going to test a character, post which character you're going to test here and tag me. The things you want to test are:

Ninja
CoD
23 Ender
Sweep Ender
12~Sword Spin Ender into Safe Jump or Oki

If you tested all of those. You kompleted a character.

Crathen is working on testing the "korner reversing wakeups" so no need to test those.

Here is the list of characters either finished or in progress:

Red Reaper
Working on: Solomon Grundy, Nightwing, Black Adam, Superman
Kompleted:
Also, CoD is corner of death right? how does that setup go again?

and why would u do 12 sword spin instead of f23 sword flip? im confused yet again :(

Mikman360

Not the Milkman.
I think he's referring to the Spin vortex, which I don't really see why it needs to be tested. A standing reset is universal.

Axel_Redd

I think he's referring to the Spin vortex, which I don't really see why it needs to be tested. A standing reset is universal.
but, u dont get the vortex in the corner unless its hit as high as possible, so why would u do it offa 12? also, how does the CoD thing work again?

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
Red Reaper Ok here, I've tested 3 characters so far for CoD. Bear in mind that I am testing these wakeups as a HUMAN OPPONENT. This is all that matters in the end really. The CPU is completely capable of doing wakeups against CoD because technically, it does NOT beat wakeups. However, it feels like it beats wakeups because humans are typically unable to react to the input switch given to them when you use F3 to cross up. So I've totally scrapped the idea of using the CPU's wakeup system to go against CoD, and instead am testing this on myself in order to better capture the effect it will have on a real opponent.

THE BF INPUT EFFECT: Okay, so I’ve found a little something when it comes to stuffing wakeups that involve the BF input. If you have a wakeup attack like The Flash’s Lightning Charge, depending on how you make inputs, CoD can either ruin your input and hit you, or cause you to block. It’s all a matter of how long you hold your directions after making the input. If you do BF and let go of F immediately, DS’ F3 will hit you. If you hold it for a bit however, you get an option select block. So the effectiveness of CoD is dependent on how the opponent makes the input. Anything labeled with “BF Effect” reacts this way when tested against the CoD.

Flash:
Speed Dodge – Becomes Lightning Kick, dodges F3 and whiffs
Lightning Kick – Becomes Speed Dodge, dodges F3, punishable
Lightning Charge – Input failure, BF Effect
Sonic Pound – Becomes Flying Uppercut, dodges F3 and whiffs, punishable
Flying Uppercut – Becomes Sonic Pound, dodges F3 and hits
Verdict – Bad. Most Flash players wake up with Flying Uppercut or Lightning Charge. A Flash player attempting to do either will dodge the F3 in one way or another, whether they get the move they wanted or not. If they try LC, they option select block the F3 or get the actual wakeup attack. If they try FU, SP will hit you and HKD you in the corner (VERY bad). Since Flash has wakeup moves on just about EVERY input, he’s got option selects like no other.

Nightwing:
Escrima Fury – Input failure, F3 hits
Flip Kick – Input failure, F3 hits
Flying Grayson – Input failure, BF Effect
Staff Spin – Input failure, F3 hits
Verdict – Good in Escrima, decent in Staff. The go to wakeup for Escrima stance is Flip Kick which gets stuffed. The staff mode wakeup is dependent on the person you’re playing, but you won’t get killed for trying.

Batman:
Slide Kick – Input failure, BF Effect
Cape Parry – Input Failure, F3 hits
Verdict – Good. Very little risk in attempting, Batman’s wakeups aren’t the best.

Wow.. So much useful information. Don't know how to organize it.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
sooooo if u don't hit it low enough then what happens? the j3 just whiffs then?

You land the jump in, in front of them. Which against some characters like GL is not a good idea. Also, this allows you to mix up with ambiguous kross ups since it kan be hard for them to tell how low you did it. That and they may not even know that it's based on that. They might be looking for a walk forward or something else.

Axel_Redd

You land the jump in, in front of them. Which against some characters like GL is not a good idea. Also, this allows you to mix up with ambiguous kross ups since it kan be hard for them to tell how low you did it. That and they may not even know that it's based on that. They might be looking for a walk forward or something else.
ah alright, a visual representation would make it much easier to understand just how low were talkin here tho >.>