What's new

Match-up Discussion Deathstroke as a back-up for Sinestro?

Does Sinestro need a Back-up plan

• Total voters

LEGEND

YES!
I've been working on Slade for about a week now just for fun, But i just started to realize that he covers alot of Sinestro's problematic MUs fairly well. Some MUs like Killer Frost aren't exactly a counter pick but going from a 2-8/1-9 MU to a 4-6 will work for me

Here are the MUs i'll probably use slade for:

Flash - I can still zone some, whereas Sinestro can't zone at all in this MU. And i feel i can actually contend in the close game where Sinestro would just be throwing out unsafe pokes and risky trait cancels

Catwoman - Similar to the Flash MU, just not as bad, and DS can actually zone pretty efectively in this MU. If i had to throw a # on it i'd say it would go from a 4-6 as Sinestro to a 6-4 as Slade, which could be worth it if your ass is on the line

Ares? - From the few times i've played this MU its seems pretty difficult, at least with DS i have a really good offense game, idk. i'll work on this MU more before i result to counter picks

Killer Frost - Obvious Switch here. Going from no options to at least some options lol. Fuck this character

Batgirl - Huge swing in MU# here as well. Batgirl can not teleport on reaction to gunshots so zoning is actually an option. She can't zone with bola/Baterangs since she will either lose the trade or get interrupted. Smoke bomb gets punish with ease for a solid 32-33% meterless. DS out footsies her and overall has a better close game imo. While none of these things are true for Sinestro

Sinestro - Cause i hate mirrors

Aquaman - Possibly, not sure. Haven't played this MU since the patch so it could be alot better. though i'd have to learn the Aquaman v DS MU first obviously. Not planning on counter picking here any time soon, just looking at possible options down the road

So what do you guys think. Have any input on these MUs that will help me stick with Sinestro?

WoundCowboy
Pig Of The Hut
@Sinestro corps

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
I've been working on Slade for about a week now just for fun, But i just started to realize that he covers alot of Sinestro's problematic MUs fairly well. Some MUs like Killer Frost aren't exactly a counter pick but going from a 2-8/1-9 MU to a 4-6 will work for me

Flash - I can still zone some, whereas Sinestro can't zone at all in this MU. And i feel i can actually contend in the close game where Sinestro would just be throwing out unsafe pokes and risky trait cancels

Catwoman - Similar to the Flash MU, just not as bad, and DS can actually zone pretty efectively in this MU. If i had to throw a # on it i'd say it would go from a 4-6 as Sinestro to a 6-4 as Slade, which could be worth it if your ass is on the line

Ares? - From the few times i've played this MU its seems pretty difficult, at least with DS i have a really good offense game, idk. i'll work on this MU more before i result to counter picks

Killer Frost - Obvious Switch here. Going from no options to at least some options lol. Fuck this character

Batgirl - Huge swing in MU# here as well. Batgirl can not teleport on reaction to gunshots so zoning is actually an option. She can't zone with bola/Baterangs since she will either lose the trade or get interrupted. Smoke bomb gets punish with ease for a solid 32-33% meterless. DS out footsies her and overall has a better close game imo. While none of these things are true for Sinestro

Aquaman - Possibly, not sure. Haven't played this MU since the patch so it could be alot better. though i'd have to learn the Aquaman v DS MU first obviously. Not planning on counter picking here any time soon, just looking at possible options down the road

So what do you guys think. Have any input on these MUs that will help me stick with Sinestro?

WoundCowboy
Pig Of The Hut
@Sinestro corps
I don't quite understand why the flash is considered a bad mu. How does he get in besides dashing? His torpedo move is punishable and when he starts doing his projectile parry you can charge up your trait.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I think it would be a bit redundant learning both characters. After the recent balance patch, Sinestro can really do everything Deathstroke can, except Deathstroke might be a bit more mobile and have a bit better rushdown potential. For covering your bad MU's, I'd recommend a solid high-tier rushdown character. I might even recommend Hawkgirl, since I hear she handles Flash and Killer Frost pretty well.

LEGEND

YES!
I don't quite understand why the flash is considered a bad mu. How does he get in besides dashing? His torpedo move is punishable and when he starts doing his projectile parry you can charge up your trait.
Just trust me, he has tons of ways around sinestro's FB and Asteroid. You can not safely throw out anything unless you are at full screen, and even then he'll just get in if he can't actually punish you. And trait charge/cancels leave you immobile

You're not going to be doing any consistent meterless zoning in this MU at all, all you have are trait cancels and trait. Everything else is a huge ass risk

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Just trust me, he has tons of ways around sinestro's FB and Asteroid. You can not safely throw out anything unless you are at full screen, and even then he'll just get in if he can't actually punish you. And trait charge/cancels leave you immobile

You're not going to be doing any consistent meterless zoning in this MU at all, all you have are trait cancels and trait. Everything else is a huge ass risk
What is he going to do at mid and full range? He is also immobile while doing the parry, and the trait charge recovers fast.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player

WoundCowboy
Pig Of The Hut
@Sinestro corps
i think ares is 5-5

The best co-main to sinestro is either black adam or frost

LEGEND

YES!
What is he going to do at mid and full range? He is also immobile while doing the parry, and the trait charge recovers fast.
his parry has nothing to do with Evading projectiles btw, and it pretty much never does. its only good for interactables

at all but max range FB doesn't even hit him ducking, so one wiffed FB and you're punished, or he gets in. Asteroid can never be used as it can be dashed on reaction and wiff punished or blocked and punished from almost full screen, and at most ranges RMS's run will go under FB anyway

also a good duration of his dash goes under high hitting projectiles naturally, so even if you do read an occasional dash he can still go right through it. I'm not exaggerating when i say every time try to zone you are risking your life. You have to burn meter to keep him out, and by doing so you expend the meter you need to get him off of you

LEGEND

YES!
I think it would be a bit redundant learning both characters. After the recent balance patch, Sinestro can really do everything Deathstroke can, except Deathstroke might be a bit more mobile and have a bit better rushdown potential. For covering your bad MU's, I'd recommend a solid high-tier rushdown character. I might even recommend Hawkgirl, since I hear she handles Flash and Killer Frost pretty well.
There are only a handful of characters that i even remotely enjoy playing in this game, and of those characters Deathstroke happens to cover Sinestros Bad MUs the best, while not have too many Bad MUs and counter picks of his own

and i don't think its too much trouble for me to keep deathstroke in practice, he pretty fundamental and not much of his stuff requires high execution or complicated set-ups/reads. So i say thats another reason he's a great back-up

i think ares is 5-5

The best co-main to sinestro is either black adam or frost
thanks, i'll try and work on that one i guess. See above about me playing other characters

EVB SomeCubanGuy

*Hissssssssssss*
I just don't see how Flash is a bad MU. I've played a ton of Flash's so far, including noobe who has a solid Flash, and they all run into the same problem: They can't do anything past midscreen but dash, and I can always get my trait up in the match no problem. All his punish options get full combo'd if they're blocked/baited. He's a pain up close sure, but he takes so much damage and time getting in that I'll most likely already have my trait up by then. I see it as a possible 5-5, but definitely not in Flash's favor.