What's new

Death and Return of Superman New 52

Disaster FX

Boom Bap Dragon
Early last year, writer Max Landis made a YouTube video telling in his own words the original story of the Death and Return of Superman. It was pretty well received and had cameos from Elijah Wood, Mandy Moore and other celebrities. Last year he also had his screenplay hit the box office with a movie called Chronicle (another really badass movie)

After Chronicle and his YouTube video blowing up to viral proportions, he was approached by DC to do a New 52 Death and Return of Superman. They backed out, but he uploaded his pitch for what it would have been. It is hands down the greatest DC Universe fanfiction I have ever heard, really unfortunate that it wasn't made into a graphic novel.

Below are videos of his retelling, and then his pitch. I strongly urge you to at least watch the pitch, Max does a great job of storytelling and makes the whole journey incredibly fun.

Compbros

Man of Tomorrow
That was an extremely interesting take/reboot on the classic story. I really wish Max were put in charge of more Superhero projects as he really gets the Superman universe and its characters as well as the Batman Universe and its characters.