What's new

Dear NRS: Give us a button to hide the UI after a match for a sec

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I want clean screen shots of those sweet win poses in action! I was able to snag one in the beta (below), which I use as a wallpaper on my work computer. It took a few tries due to the timing. However, it’s impossible to do in the full game because of how quickly the UI pops up.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
If you go in kustomize you can click on the intro even if you haven't unlocked it yet, you can watch it and take a screenshot there.

Reactions: Lun

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
I agree, this would be a really nice feature! The only way to get a clean screenshot now is by playing the intros/win poses in the customisation screen, and even then they seem to be cut short a moment too early, meaning we don't have much time to take that screenshot.

It's nothing of high priority though, there are other things that needs attention first, but it would be cool to have eventually. ^^

DDustiNN

If you go in kustomize you can click on the intro even if you haven't unlocked it yet, you can watch it and take a screenshot there.
True, and I was going to mention it, and point out that you have that big “cancel” text at the bottom. Also, it’s better with an actual stage background.

DDustiNN

I agree, this would be a really nice feature! The only way to get a clean screenshot now is by playing the intros/win poses in the customisation screen, and even then they seem to be cut short a moment too early, meaning we don't have much time to take that screenshot.

It's nothing of high priority though, there are other things that needs attention first, but it would be cool to have eventually. ^^
Agreed, very low priority. But it seems easy enough since the logic already exists (in photo mode of the character viewer).

In a similar request, I wouldn't mind the option to hide the HUD when watching one of my replays. Currently, you can't even get rid of the white text on the bottom of the screen (show buttons, show frame data, etc).

This would also solve your outro issue if you could just watch replays without HUD.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I was going to make a thread, but I remembered this one.

NRS needs to add a theater mode or photo mode where we can take pictures of our matches. Also being able to move the camera 360 around the characters. Just look at the guys at Team Ninja, they did it for DOA6 and it yielded great results!

Reactions: Lun
I was going to make a thread, but I remembered this one.

NRS needs to add a theater mode or photo mode where we can take pictures of our matches. Also being able to move the camera 360 around the characters. Just look at the guys at Team Ninja, they did it for DOA6 and it yielded great results!

This was possible because DOA is a 3D game where they have a full 3D stage rendered.

The MK 2D stages have some degree of 3D depth but there is prob nothing there if you flipped the camera 180 degrees. At most, they can probably let you zoom in and out, and turn the angle of camera max 15 degrees or so without exposing the edges.

But yeah, that would be a cool feature

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
This was possible because DOA is a 3D game where they have a full 3D stage rendered.

The MK 2D stages have some degree of 3D depth but there is prob nothing there if you flipped the camera 180 degrees. At most, they can probably let you zoom in and out, and turn the angle of camera max 15 degrees or so without exposing the edges.

But yeah, that would be a cool feature
Yeah, but some stages in MK11 are fully 3D rendered like Shang Tsung's island ruins. At least if we could rotate from left to right that would be sick. There's already a PC mod that does that, no reason why they couldn't add it to console.