What's new

Dealing with scrubpions

Eight

I am the salt
Just lost to a scorpion online

All he did was spam teleport punch and a basic combo after

I guarded it easily, but he always ended up outside of punish range, and by the time I got close enough, he had hit another teleport.

How do I deal with that bs?

:topicsucks:

If you block his teleport, it will send him spinning into the air. Punish.

If he uses his ex teleport, and you block it, punish!

If he used the same "basic" combo afterward, think of an on-the-fly way to deal with it. If he gives you issues, go into training with him and see how his moves work. See what his basic combos do, where they hit, and what they can lead into. If he wasn't an experienced player, he was just doing the basic combo from Scorpion's combo list. To me, you could have noticed a pattern and capitalized. Another thing you could attempt to do is bait him. Make him believe you are open so he attempts to teleport. When he teleports and you block it, hit him with a sick combo or embarrass him with an uppercut.

I would suggest going into practice mode and establishing a combo that you will use when he is spinning after a blocked teleport. Should be easy to juggle him a few times, and then net him, and finish the combo strong. If you can block his teleport consistently, you can deal the majority of YOUR damage off of HIS mistakes.

May I ask what combo he was using after the teleport? And was he using his spear frequently? Give me a general outline of a "round" against this guy. Like I said, take Scorpion into training mode just to get the idea of his moves and see what YOU could do to take advantage of their weaknesses.

Eight

I am the salt
I didn't notice that happening though, off my blocks. He wouldn't spin up and give me a punish chance, he would get pushed back, or I would, leaving him outside my immediate range. Not sure of the combo input, but it was the 3-hit one that ended in a flaming uppercut-style punch.

In hindsight, I probably could have taken him, but I got too pissed off.

Defiinitely going into Practice against that tele later.

McNasty

Moist.
Ha! duck his teleport and time a nice uppercut or block it standing and punish with combo of choice. I too have lost to this many times I actually get a laugh out of it now. The best is the hellfire spammers lol. On another note though its not spamming if your doing it to win I guess so props to all you bitch ass scorpions out there in casual land.

DBAG GOD

Noob
I think cyrax's nets beat out scorpion's spear if we both throw it at same time. not sure but will do some testing.

I usually stay ducking too and wait out for teleports and you can see the animation for the hellfire since it has some start-up frames, i usually teleport and punish.

Eight

I am the salt
I figured out what was happening

The teleport punch was whiffing, which means he didn't flip up for punish, but he followed up right away with that short combo, which I guarded, but pushed me back and outside of punish range afterwards.

Next time Ill just block the teleport standing :hammer:

DBAG GOD

Noob
can you get a full on combo punish rather than uppercutting?

I'm guessing bp,fp, bb+fk into combos..?

Eight

I am the salt
Cyrax's only really heavy combos come off of the bomb trap, which you can't pull off on airborne targets, the command grab whiffs.

Could get a 20% or so in there, using <-BP, BP-FP-BP.

hunt

Noob
Some guy did the same thing to me and beat me. You're not alone. Luckily, he accepted my rematch and I completely destroyed him. I just blocked his combos, blocked his teleport and then punished him. Then he would use his XRay almost immediately and I would block it and punish him. Freeze (Sub-Zero), combo and finish him that way. I then selected no for rematch, because he had nothing else to offer.

He helped me realize how easy it could be, so thanks to him?

Eshi

Noob
you deal with scorpian by not playing online

seriously, all teleports are 5x better online than offline. Raiden's teleport rapes me online but I can punish it 75% of the time offline.

How fun is playing offline? If you don't live near a single fighting community, this game is waste of time then. Kind of boring being good with characters when only fighting the CPU. Without decent online, this game is going to die to everyone but tournament players. Or, of course, people who live in Cali and can play Offline vs. DECENT/GOOD players. However, 99% of the population cannot do that. I sure hope they make the online playable, or this game is going to get old! Love the game, but not playing against real people is lame! That's like playing offline Black Ops for a few months... worth it? HELL NO! (Not that online Black Ops is any better, of course)

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
[user]Eight[/user], I think the reason the Teleport was whiffing for you is because you crouch blocked. Only a standing block will put them in the punish spin. Glad you kind of have it figured out. I've dealt with Ermac teleport spammers and Smoke teleport spammers too. Fun stuff lol, I remember I was in king of the hill and did random select and it gave me Cyrax. They guy I was playing was king but he was spamming the hell out of everything. My turn comes up and I spam him just as hard as he spams me.

I beat him and he was talking during the match, but I couldn't hear him because I was in a party. Few minutes later he sent me some fan mail. He said this in the voice message "that was a nice spam win spam with your spam" I won't go on but it continued. I replied saying something along the lines of, "seemed to me you were spamming pretty hard in the previous match and I was just giving you everything you gave me". He replied saying he lost because he was trying to look up a babality or some shit... Now any level headed person would not look at the move list during a fight, and he was fighting back the whole time so I know he wasn't in the move list. After his excuses I replied saying, "Look, don't make excuses for yourself. It was your fault you didn't win so take your loss like a man and move the fuck on".

Fun shit. Poor guy thought he was gonna win in the verbal exchange since he couldn't get the job done in the fight. We'll he got his ass owned in both. He never replied after that. Must of left to go cry.

spin4u

Noob
First and for most cyrax has more bomb traps than the cc trap!
1. Scropians ex tele-port is safe on block and the 2nd hit has a medium high range. So ducking would be good if you have fast reactions or should I say, "a good connection"
2. Off a blocked teleport do 1_2~net or 2_1~net because it does 7% as to 1,1 or 3,3 net which does 5%. after that you can do b+2 for the bounce into alot of options. a. ex bomb b. 1,1 close bomb for reset or one of his specials.

And sorry that you guys have to deal with online play for competition...

Eight

I am the salt
First and for most cyrax has more bomb traps than the cc trap!
1. Scropians ex tele-port is safe on block and the 2nd hit has a medium high range. So ducking would be good if you have fast reactions or should I say, "a good connection"
2. Off a blocked teleport do 1_2~net or 2_1~net because it does 7% as to 1,1 or 3,3 net which does 5%. after that you can do b+2 for the bounce into alot of options. a. ex bomb b. 1,1 close bomb for reset or one of his specials.

And sorry that you guys have to deal with online play for competition...
Yes. Woe is my lack of a local MK scene :(.