What's new

Question Dealing with pressure

So I'm pretty new to fighting games, especially MK, and I've decided to make Grundy my main in Injustice. It feels like the main issue I'm having online is against opponents who like to dump on the pressure, trying to start any string (or even a d2 poke) seems to be interrupted every time I try to throw it out.

How do you guys deal with situations where someone is trying to aggressively lock you down? Grundy just feels too slow to punish in any significant kind of way. So far, I have been relying on Walking Corpse, or a MB Trait, in order to push them off but I feel like there are better ways to approach the issue.

Thanks!

ll Nooby ll

To Live is to Die
Your fastest move is your D2 so use that a lot. Also armor like you mentioned is good. Also you can do push block as well. It's good to be able to recognize when your does a negative move and being able to counter poke with a move of your own (1 or D1 or D2). Back dashing has invincibility frames so you can do that to try to reset the situation but it can be risky if they read that.

Thanks for the tips.

I guess it does just come down to just playing more matches online/digging into the frame data of some of the more rushdown focused characters to figure out when it's safe to throw someone off with a D2... and push blocking, I never do that...

Gesture Required Ahead

Get on that hook
Yea Pushblocking grants Grundy against pressure characters a big momentum boost. 'cause of Walking Corpse they can't just dash in an contonue nor can they jump 'cause of D2.