What's new

Dealing with Plus Frames

Hey everyone, I'm trying to level up and have been doing as much reading and watching videos as I can. I recently watched rooflemonger's video about "When it's your turn" which was really helpful, but I am still unsure what to against characters who have really plus frame traps, like Lui Kang or Jacquie. Is the only option to block until they are done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

SonicNinja3532

The Wannabe Prodigy
Hey everyone, I'm trying to level up and have been doing as much reading and watching videos as I can. I recently watched rooflemonger's video about "When it's your turn" which was really helpful, but I am still unsure what to against characters who have really plus frame traps, like Lui Kang or Jacquie. Is the only option to block until they are done? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
If someone is plus, then its always their turn as they will usually (not always) have an option that will all of your options. However, just because they have a guaranteed option doesn't mean they have other guaranteed options. As such, you have to read what the opponent is going to do and whether or not they're going to take advantage of the fact that it's their turn.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
yep, you have these options

• block again , and try to react using your fastest poke
  • block again, and try some sort of escape, like neutral jump or jumping cross up
  • go in lab and try to master flawless block, and try that
  • block again, and try to bait a throw attempt from your opponent, duck it and punish properly
if this does not works, pray or just rage quit, hehe :p

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Strings that are super plus on block usually have some sort of weakness to balances them out. With Liu, for instance, you can poke out before the final hit of his plus string. It just takes knowledge of the game to learn how to exploit these weaknesses.