What's new

Question - Kung Jin Dealing with Kung Jin's NJP

DavS13

Noob
So I am not sure on the best way to deal with NJPing Kung Jin's. I am mostly talking about the randoms that pick him and do nothing but NJP and confirm with divekick. I play erron black btw, so if there is any specific tools I should be using or maybe just in general for any character please post. I played against this guy and that was all he was doing, I tried running in for a punish but the recovery is too fast (or maybe lag?) and I ended up eating the second NJP.

I ended up using his F3 overhead to punish, and it works pretty effectively. I mostly just winged it for 6 wins, but I lost one game due to this and so I want to know of the best way to deal with it.

DavS13

Noob
If he does an instant NJP and you block it, he's minus alot so you should be able to full Combo punish.

If he is coming down with the NJP, you can armor. Or if you're too far away to armor you can try to whiff punish
I'm not talking about if I block it, I meant around half screen away or so where he's whiffing NJP's and I'm trying to punish.

MadeFromMetal

Heart From Iron, Mind From Steel.
I faced a guy doing this and I was Lackey. That was tough, especially with not a projectile in sight. I could run in and armor Torryuken, but you only have so much meter. It doesn't make it easier when your timing is off, due to lag.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
cheers. I faced my first good Bojutu player (he only done two NJPs outside of combos during our set and they both hit lol). Aside from his great oki it was the EX bow swat that gave me a big problem or rather me punishing it with Vicious