What's new

Question Dealing with jumpers

Having some troble with jump spamming opponents. Does anyone else ever have trouble when running into these types of players while using shazam? because i could really use some advice.

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
First of all Spelling mistake - trouble*
Hahaha >.< couldn't help it.

Second His B23 can punish if they're jumping at around Jump distance or a little fiurther the 3 should follow up and anti air them.
You can torpedo which can hit their legs if timed right (you're usually safe is mis-timed unless you're at about jump distance) and knock them down.

or if you can time it well use f22 when they jump into the second 2 they'll be knocked down and you can then use shazams pressure.

First of all Spelling mistake - trouble*
Hahaha >.< couldn't help it.

Second His B23 can punish if they're jumping at around Jump distance or a little fiurther the 3 should follow up and anti air them.
You can torpedo which can hit their legs if timed right (you're usually safe is mis-timed unless you're at about jump distance) and knock them down.

or if you can time it well use f22 when they jump into the second 2 they'll be knocked down and you can then use shazams pressure.
yea tryping fast o the iphone does that lol. and thanks for the tip

Awake

Noob
I dont know a character specific way for Shazam to deal with jumps, but a universal option is to just forward or back dash to dodge the jump in and try to get something started that way.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
The Prima guide says to use d2 but I'm not in love with that. Back dash at the right time is my go to right now but I feel like I'm missing something. If I read jump ahead of time I like going for an air to air j2. Being in the right position to get out of the way and move in and punish seems like the thing to master rather than finding the right button to hit.

It definitely feels like great spacing is going to be important in order to setup opportunities to anti air, and punish jumps, but it seems like you have to plan way in advance to be in the right spot for it. Gone are the days of easy d1, and standing 1 or 2 to react and knock em down. Anti air in Injustice seems to be a lot more position specific. Time to level up my space control!

Ninj

Where art thou, MKX Skarlet?
I would try backdashing into a combo punish or his superman move... which I must say is a way more badass version of raidens superman

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ZigZag

That Welsh Guy
I would try backdashing into a combo punish or his superman move... which I must say is a way more badass version of raidens superman

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I wouldn't waste bars on his super move, he's so much more capable of higher damage with like 1/2 bars.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
You can read an air to air j2, his jumping normals are insane. It usually beats out the opponents normal, unless it's like Adam's j1. Then follow up with 22>Command grab or 223>lightning bolt. The second one is a lot easier to time, but obviously you can mb the first to get pretty a decent damage combo. Sorry if there are better enders, I've only been playing Shazam for a couple days.

If I have time I've found teleport is awesome for resetting a jump-in game (and Shazam's air-to-air is godlike, so...).