What's new

Dead or Alive 5

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
We can't get s sub-forum for this game so this thread can be our spot for links and everything DOA 5. Below is a video I found showing some basic tips and tactics for new players to DOA 5 by Daniel "Berzerk" Chlebowczyk a former DOA Champion.

Does anyone know any sites devoted to the Dead or Alive series? I'm just looking to learn more stuff and maybe get better at the game. Thanks.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Add GLoRToR on psn for some scrubby matches. At this point I don't have a main, using my limited time to learn some basics for now.

How do you think DOA5 strategy should be summed up concisely? This is what I think so far. Tell me if I'm wrong.......

1) Learn how to strike in such a way that you don't need to block. (Continuous attack chains.)
2) Or learn how to hold(counter) so you don't have to block.

Gruff757

The Gruff
You actually need to block though. For punishment and learning what to hold, when to hold it, and how to hold it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

It seems that there are so many ways to get through a guard in this game that I seldom block. If you can mix it up enough and know good combos, you're golden. The only people that are trouble then are the ones that know how to Hold well. I usually go straight to a S or A or B lobby when I play, and, even at a F rating, I can still perplex high level players with an assortment of attacks. Once you become pretty unpredictable, even Holds are out and those high level players only end up beating you because they understand how to execute powerful combinations. I watched a B defeat an S last night with mid and low punches with a stun thrown in here and there and the S player didn't know what to do. That's all he did. I beat 3 S rated players since I started playing using the same kind of tactics. Those stuns and critical stuns are crazy.

Gruff757

The Gruff
yeah rank doesnt mean much in games xD

but gratz on beating those S ranks

doin better than me thats for sure

peachyO

Noob
While i patiently wait for the next MK, i have...needs. i must engage in kombat. injustice sadly doesn't do it for me, but DOA5 does! I have become engrossed in this game...i never realized how much fun this series is!! i am making this thread to discover if any of my lovelies have/plan to get this title. it would be nice to be able to play with my TYM buddies. anyone here up for it? post here and let's get it on!!

I'm on an Injustice kick right now but I'll probably pick up DOA5 again. I really enjoy the game and will pick it up again when the DOA5 Ultimate comes out. (Hopefully it's a DLC expansion and not an entirely new game b/c I don't want to re-buy all my DLC skins and re-unlock all the extra crap).

I use Lisa and Christie but I want to learn Tina when I next play.

Scarlett Viper

Let's begin the witching hour.
I'm on an Injustice kick right now but I'll probably pick up DOA5 again. I really enjoy the game and will pick it up again when the DOA5 Ultimate comes out. (Hopefully it's a DLC expansion and not an entirely new game b/c I don't want to re-buy all my DLC skins and re-unlock all the extra crap).

I use Lisa and Christie but I want to learn Tina when I next play.
It's a retail disk.