What's new

Dash cancel with block or normals?

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
Will we be able to... or will it be like Injustice where you can only block after a full dash?

Honestley this question will make or break MKX for me. The combos i saw seem to lean towards not being able to dash cancel with a normal.....which really really sucks.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I hope dash block is in the the game,yet i think if you run, you won't be able to block imediately

Fractured_Shadow

I hope dash block is in the the game,yet i think if you run, you won't be able to block imediately
Fair trade off tbh. That would be balanced. I'm just worried my combo ability will be limited without the ability to dash cancel with a normal. I hate having to commit to a full dash... just feels shitty.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Fair trade off tbh. That would be balanced. I'm just worried my combo ability will be limited without the ability to dash cancel with a normal. I hate having to commit to a full dash... just feels shitty.
I have to agree, we will find out, soon enough, hoping dash can be canceled

Seeing as how a Block Button has been confirmed by Boon himself, I don't see how or why dash cancelling wouldn't be around.

Fractured_Shadow

You didn't have a Block Button in Injustice. Why would Mortal Kombat be any different?
What I'm saying is a block button does not confirm dash cancels... you can still block in Injustice right just with back not R2? But you can't cancel a dash...

A block button does not address being able to cancel a dash with a normal either

Fractured_Shadow

And did I say it confirmed it? No, what I said was:
No what you said was... because a block button is confirmed you cant see why it wouldnt be around... and as i pointed out the confirmation of a block button does not mean you can cancel a dash with it nor does it mean you can cancel a dash with a normal.... in reality all it means is you press a button to block instead of back.

No what you said was... because a block button is confirmed you cant see why it wouldnt be around... and as i pointed out the confirmation of a block button does not mean you can cancel a dash with it nor does it mean you can cancel a dash with a normal.... in reality all it means is you press a button to block instead of back.
Well seeing as how MK9 had dash cancels and a block button, I don't see why MKX wouldn't have it. Unless they wanna make things deliberately hard for us in a game where characters have side switching teleports and some of them are going to be designed as zoners. That's what made Injustice so infuriating and in my opinion made it not as popular or successful as MK9. Do ya know how hard it is to get in on a spamming Deathstroke or Superman when you can't dash cancel into a block and then have to hold and move backwards to block? Far too hard. I don't think NRS will make that mistake again.

Fractured_Shadow

Well seeing as how MK9 had dash cancels and a block button, I don't see why MKX wouldn't have it. Unless they wanna make things deliberately hard for us in a game where characters have side switching teleports and some of them are going to be designed as zoners. That's what made Injustice so infuriating and in my opinion made it not as popular or successful as MK9. Do ya know how hard it is to get in on a spamming Deathstroke or Superman when you can't dash cancel into a block and then have to hold and move backwards to block? Far too hard. I don't think NRS will make that mistake again.
Dear God I hope not. I only played Injustice for a short time because i did not like the fealing but in ypur opinion do you feel like your combos were limited because you could not cancel a dash with normals to create your own strings (i.e Cage's f4, 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 4, 4 ~ NP would be impossible with Injustice mechanics)

callMEcrazy

Alone is where to find me.
Its not just you, it'll affect everyone's combo ability. But the only reason NRS has not to allow dash cancel is if its overpowered in the new game mechanics. I don't think that'll be the case though. The game will feel very stiff without those.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
Can't tell for sure, but the movement looked pretty controllable in that trailer. Both the dash animations and run animations were interrupted.

Dear God I hope not. I only played Injustice for a short time because i did not like the fealing but in ypur opinion do you feel like your combos were limited because you could not cancel a dash with normals to create your own strings (i.e Cage's f4, 2 dash 2 dash 2 dash 4, 4 ~ NP would be impossible with Injustice mechanics)
Not really, no. I mean, I tried pulling off some combos where I'd dash in, and it would have been nice to dash cancel seeing as how it would have opened up a lot more combo opportunity, but Injustice just didn't feel like that kinda game to me.

Injustice was it's own thing.

It's own, half the characters are as bullshit as Kabal kinda thing.