What's new

Strategy Damage or Setups?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
It depends on how much dmg I need to sacrefice, how much potential dmg I can get from said setup , can I get punished if my oponent guess right ?

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
I think this really depends on the character, I main Grundy so I very rarely sacrifice my damage for a set up unless the opponent shows they are unfamiliar with Grundy then I'll do set ups all day. Generally speaking though I'd say take your damage, don't play with your food :)

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
i generally go for damage because I suck and I can't waste my opportunities to lay the smack down lol

Outside of specific scenarios where taking the damage would end the round/match, it really depends on what the damage trade off is and what is gained through the set up. I usually am willing to sacrifice a bit of damage for a favorable postion/set up though.

depends on character matchups, but in general I would not sacrifice more than 10% damage for a setup, if it is 10% or more I will go for the raw damage instead.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Resets generally depend on my opponent and the match up. If they're a bad player and their defense is bad I'll reset them all day because it's free damage. But if it's someone I'm not going to be able to open up often, I'll take the damage every time.

I think maybe 1 out of 20 randoms online know how to deal with all of Lex's gimmicks.

Setups all the time.

Unless I'm fighting Deathstroke. That character gets out of all Lex's setups so easily :(

shinobispectre

Heart of A Champion, Skill of a Noob :P
Shazam gets both! Too many variables as it really often comes down to the player and character. Characters like Batman, Joker, Aquaman, Raven, I opt for gimmicks/setups as the reward heavily outweighs the risk. Their wakeup games are one directional and easily countered albeit with meter or some but that is Shazam's problem. Characters like Bane, Doomsday sorry I mean Shoulder Charge All Day, etc. just whatever damage I can get and then I'm out of there! However should the player using said character not utilize the better aspects of the character? Setup after gimmick after setup after gimmick... You catch my drift. Granted this question varies with who people to play rather personal preference. I feel a majority of the characters in Injustice have both options available dealing decent damage with options for setups afterwards, however some characters like Scorpion, Hawkgirl, Green Lantern, Cyborg, etc. are forced to opt for the setup in most situations.

bishbash

Magic as easy as 1 2 standing3
I drop damage for opportunity with Zatanna all the time. What I don't get is when people go for reset/vortex when an optimal combo would clear the health bar.