What's new

Damage Factor

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Just something I thought would make for good, albeit likely short, discussion.

With the lack of rounds and one big health bar, how important do you think a good damage factor will be? Will it compare to a character who's much more solid in their fundamentals, or make up for lack of their own? Will going for the maximum damage possible be necessary to secure a solid footing? Will high damage make for a good comeback factor if you can land the hit?

Discuss. :)

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Game will revolve around meter, more than damage IMO. Damage is still important though.
It's different than in other games though. Like, let's take the round system with the meter system in MK.

When you win a round but you have no meter, then you're at a disadvantage because the health bar resets and you have less meter than your opponent. In Injustice, this isn't the case; you might have less meter, but you have more health, so they have to make up for the health loss through damage(with or without meter).

So, will having more meter to use make up for less health?

D

Deleted member 5032

I think things will even out, in regards to how they are in other fighters. I think the solid character (Kabal/Lao) will always be better than the character who can only dish out slow heavy-damage strikes (Sheeva). For instance, when you're down to the end of your first health bar, it doesn't matter how much damage your opponent can do; they can only damage you for that one sliver of health. In that situation, the character with the better neutral game is going to have an advantage over the high-risk/high-reward character.