What's new

Daigo (Evil Ryu) vs Sako (Ibuki) Topanga offline Finals

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist

Man, Sako needs to stop playing doctors and needs to go back to Ibuki, which is definitely the character for him.

Reasons why sako lost this set: Misjudging distances, droping combos.

Reason of his mistakes: Too many time in the lab with other characters, that he leveled down his Ibuki.

These matches were insane, imagine if he was on the top of his shape.

Last edited:
I couldn't but watch the whole thing cuz those two are my best 2 players daigo being the best for me ever since i first knew about him looong time ago.And sako - not very long ago - with his crazy IBUUUUKIII. she was my last main back when I used to play sf4 like a drug addict ( those days :( )

great matches and I like how they play a long best of 13 in the grand final :)

very entertaining ^_^

Man pugera's Ibuki was crazy back then. There was also someone else but I forgot. How do people consistently hit that ibuki combo? Isn't it like a 1-2 frame link ? I understand plinking but can you plink with an Xbox controller ?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Man pugera's Ibuki was crazy back then. There was also someone else but I forgot. How do people consistently hit that ibuki combo? Isn't it like a 1-2 frame link ? I understand plinking but can you plink with an Xbox controller ?
Yes it is, my Hori Stick is designed in a way that is possible to invert functions between start and select to intentionally use slinks while playing street Fighter, this was inspired by Sako's Hori stick. Sako rewired his stick, and put the back button on the LT button so he can blink at ease.

Slink is for PS3, Blink is for 360 its all a form of plinking.

Btw, the reason why i got into street fighter 4 seriously and picked ibuki to main was Sako too, though she was the first character i tried at the AE, many months laters i got interested in learning to the high level, so i found a video of Chris G playing Ibuki. The commentators on that video were excited the second Chris G picked Ibuki, but then they said that his Ibuki wasn't crazy enough to the same way Hori Sako was (yes, that is how they called him)

So i searched Hori Sako on Youtube, and i found the video named "The Best of Sako" and i got sold, and i played Ibuki ever since.

The other good guys to watch is Shimauta who is more of a footsies oriented Ibuki, he bets more on neutral game, and the Pugera, who is the 3rd best Ibuki, but Pugera still has a long way to go, he is lackluster indeed, but he let the frustrations get to him easily.