What's new

Strategy - Venomous D4 X-ray?? Yes, quite possibly.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
Call me crazy, but is D3/D4 X-ray a legitimate way to win? Here's my idea.

- D'vorah builds good meter and doesn't depend on it much, and it's not unusual to have X-ray by the end of a round
- Xray chip damage is 4.75% + D4 chip .75% for 5.5% chip (reminds me of using D1 Trait with catwoman)
- Normals/Strings into Bug Spray are interruptable with armor.
- D4 Reaches further than Bug Spray and Ovi Charge
- At her D3/D4 footsies range, Grounded Xray doesn't whiff, even on low hurtbox characters.
- D4 on hit is 3%, into Xray's 4.75% for a nice gaming winning 7.75% attack.

-- ON HIT
D3/D4 provides enough hit stun for the Xray to be inescapable by all characters.
If the D3/D4 catches an opponent while they're jumping, the Xray will combo.

- ON BLOCK, D3/D4 Xray can NOT be escaped by:
- backdashing or forward dashing
- running
- jumping up, forward, or back,
- fast advancing normals
- armored reversals (due to Xray armor)

- ON BLOCK, D3/D4 Xray can ONLY be escaped by some teleport reversals, or fast advancing special reversals like Sub's slide, Reptile's Dash/Slide, but that's quite a read to do a reversal attack on a blocked D3/D4.

Discuss.

Last edited:
I only picked up D'vorah yesterday so correct me if im wrong...but if your in D4 range aren't you basically in F112 xx exBug spray range which is uninterruptible and only cost 1 bar and does more chip? Or am i missing something here?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I only picked up D'vorah yesterday so correct me if im wrong...but if your in D4 range aren't you basically in F112 xx exBug spray range which is uninterruptible and only cost 1 bar and does more chip? Or am i missing something here?
Yes, but I'm listing it here since D4 is 3 frames faster than F1.
Also, as mentioned just under this, other variations can use it too since they don't have bug spray.

ChatterBox

Searching for an alt.
I like it. I like it a lot!

Question: why is this exclusive to venomous? Just for the assumption people will try to interrupt the spray?

It appears to be a common misconception that venomous does more chip, it only does the venom damage on hit, not block. I assume you know that but just wanted to check.

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
I like it. I like it a lot!

Question: why is this exclusive to venomous? Just for the assumption people will try to interrupt the spray?

It appears to be a common misconception that venomous does more chip, it only does the venom damage on hit, not block. I assume you know that but just wanted to check.
Yes of course. I'm considering it as part of Venemous's kind of trolly playstyle. But all D'Vorah variations can use this.

You mentioned low hitbox characters. Who are the low hitbox characters in this game and when does a character fall under the category of low hitbox characters in this game?

Under_The_Mayo

Master of Quanculations
You mentioned low hitbox characters. Who are the low hitbox characters in this game and when does a character fall under the category of low hitbox characters in this game?
If I'm not mistaken, Dvorah herself and Kitana are low hurtbox characters. (should have said hurtbox)

If I'm not mistaken, Dvorah herself and Kitana are low hurtbox characters. (should have said hurtbox)
Yeh I know it should actually be called hurtbox but I have been saying hitbox ever since mk9. I did not know that kitana and dvorah had lower hitboxes/hurtboxes. What does this actually mean though in this game? Can they duck some mids that normally connect on other characters?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Yeh I know it should actually be called hurtbox but I have been saying hitbox ever since mk9. I did not know that kitana and dvorah had lower hitboxes/hurtboxes. What does this actually mean though in this game? Can they duck some mids that normally connect on other characters?
It means a lot of stuff whiffs on them yeah.