What's new

Tech - Kano d4 true block string

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
As with every thread I will start by saying I don't know if this is known or if it's something new from the patch but d4~db2 is a thing.

Nothing major but I thought I might as well share it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Could someone explain to me this? I ask this because I thought block strings allow you to be safe.
A block string is a series of attacks that are completely guarenteed and cannot be interrupted. Block strings can be safe or unsafe.

In this video, Kano's D4 jailed into the upball. There was no gap so the opponent could not interrupt it, hence it is a block string.

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Oh yeah thats known. Although its meh lol. Like f4(it might've changed) into ball theres a gap. But not ex ball. F4 up ball i think is a true string but not ex. And some weird stuff like that.
I agree it's meh. I wasn't sure if it was just post patch because I knew up ball got a frame data change.

RyuKazuya

Jesus is my Lord and Savior!
so d4 into ex knives seems a good way to safely apply pressure on ur opponent. Nice find colby^^

Jupe

Noob
it can be useful when opponent is in chip range and you get to setup a meaty d4 into upball, can't backdash or use invulnerable moves your upball since there is no gap.

Apex Kano

Kano Commando main MKX
I known this already. D4 into specail is one of my main offensive tools.

Commando: D4 cmd grab is godly. No body expects it, also ji 4 cmd grab are great ticks also.

Cyber: D4 eye laser or mid knives is great to use and leaves a gap to make it safe. D4 into mid knives is good to condition someone to jump then you can apply the upball into play.

So many ways you can play Kano usong his tools.