What's new

Tech D3, Down Slash Anti-Counterpoke

ryublaze

Noob

Showing you guys a gimmick/tech vs. people who like to counterpoke. Skarlet steps back a little when doing the Down Slash so the opponent's D1 and D3 will whiff. If they are waiting for the Down Slash, then that allows Skarlet to do other stuff after a blocked D3. This is very risky though so that's why it's more of a gimmick.

EDIT: Actually, the same can be done with an Up Slash too. So I guess either works.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
very risky, but it would still work on opponents who counter poke blocked d3 imediatly.

the current problem is how fast she can punish d1's and d3 on whiff since she can't do it properly on block, F4 should do the trick but the problem is once skarlet blocks a d1 answer with f4 becomes a bit impratical.

i will try to dig up a bit

Mosp

Noob
Very interesting. I've been looking for setups that punish whiffed pokes but I haven't had the time to test them. This would be perfect if it wasn't so risky, that's really the only thing holding it back. Back to the lab!

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game

Showing you guys a gimmick/tech vs. people who like to counterpoke. Skarlet steps back a little when doing the Down Slash so the opponent's D1 and D3 will whiff. If they are waiting for the Down Slash, then that allows Skarlet to do other stuff after a blocked D3. This is very risky though so that's why it's more of a gimmick.

EDIT: Actually, the same can be done with an Up Slash too. So I guess either works.
ive been using eh upslash to maintain pressure because it is only -7 on block and it has the same properties you just mentioned. it works well online...God only knows about offline. as a counter poke option i'm curious to see how it works.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
I actually use the downslash when I got poke. Oo;

I'm kidding, it wasn't volontary at all here but still :

At 0:16 LOL.

Johnny2d

Xbl: Johnny2Die
I like this. Skarlet is most dangerous when she plays risky. She also gets blown up a lot for playing risky but hey, guess right every time and you will look like a genius, guess wrong and... lose.

SaJa

FH_FenriR
Not really. If you downslash a crouch or stand blocking opponent, in either way you'll make him fear overheads, and respect slides or neutral rd.