What's new

d1. Johnny's d3, d4

Really Depends on your character - if you have a fast mid especially like liu kang / noob / cassie - kung lao / jax etc. i just block the d1 and retaliate with my mid. In fact i don't poke all that often because the mid is effiective in this. Super pokey / mashy players the strat is the bait them to do it and respond with your fastest mid on reaction. Some characters it can be difficult so you might need to wait for their poke and respond with a poke, then proceed to grab after your poke. Or poke them and walk backwards and whiff punish. Characters like frost sometiems you might need to take risks like cancelling your d1 into her freeze burst move thing to blow up their mashing Maybe d1 into d4. I just instead don't play frost.

When i encounter d1 reliant players i start frothing at the mouth in anticipation of teaching them a lesson and blowing them up for it. They really anger me.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Where's the b32 lightning legs?
Did b34 in the case that he was smart and blocked after, for the plus frames. But he wasn't. The upside is that it's still useful for showing the concept :)

P.S. Also, b32 doesn't connect into legs due to the pushback on the 2, so you have to clinch.

Did b34 in the case that he was smart and blocked after, for the plus frames. But he wasn't. The upside is that it's still useful for showing the concept :)

P.S. Also, b32 doesn't connect into legs due to the pushback on the 2, so you have to clinch.

PFFT - yeah i was just teasing - its nice being able to play that crazy safe in that situation.

I played against this Johnny tht poked 1 3 or 4 whenever he was up close at the first available frame. Johnny doesn't have a good mid starter so he's supposed to do that I guess

or
His d4 is great though it’s short. 9 frames, about 18 frames advantage if I’m not mistaken. Usually I go for a grab after it
or try to jail forward3 33, but I've been playing some people that have been occasionally just ducking and not blocking after the d4 lol shits wack if they guess right lol