What's new

Strategy D1 (EX) Dagger

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
If players can jump off a d3 on hit to f4 which has a 3 frames gap, what does it stop them to jump out of a 4 frame gap with d1 ex dagger?

ryublaze

Noob
If players can jump off a d3 on hit to f4 which has a 3 frames gap, what does it stop them to jump out of a 4 frame gap with d1 ex dagger?
You cannot jump out a d3 hit on crouch into f4. Neither can you jump out of d1 on hit into ex dagger otherwise the dagger will hit you out of the air and give her a combo.

ryublaze

Noob
you asked out thoughts. I personally dont like it very much. It can be useful but I feel d1 eh red dash is better because it allows you more options.

If you dont like it, dont ask.
When did I say I didn't like it? So far it's been a good debate/discussion lol. You've brought up good points, and so have I but we can't just throw off tech like this and say something else is better without discussing it into further detail and testing it in a real match. This isn't the first time where I brought up something that could potentially be useful and everyone didn't agree with me. Example would be Scorpion forum where I brought up safe scorpion/vortex scorpion, or 1,1,1 spear but when I actually use my stuff in real matches and it works people stop arguing with me.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
When did I say I didn't like it? So far it's been a good debate/discussion lol. You've brought up good points, and so have I but we can't just throw off tech like this and say something else is better without discussing it into further detail and testing it in a real match. This isn't the first time where I brought up something that could potentially be useful and everyone didn't agree with me. Example would be Scorpion forum where I brought up safe scorpion/vortex scorpion, or 1,1,1 spear but when I actually use my stuff in real matches and it works people stop arguing with me.
Yea but I HAVE tested this. It may work sometimes but it is a gimmick that CAN be blown up. D1 Eh RD is the missing piece to all skarlets counter poke meta game.

It's better in stale mate situations (armor counters a string like f33b3 for a full combo)

And...

It's better for interrupting pressure because they have to respect ds or slide options.

ryublaze

Noob
Yea but I HAVE tested this. It may work sometimes but it is a gimmick that CAN be blown up. D1 Eh RD is the missing piece to all skarlets counter poke meta game.

It's better in stale mate situations (armor counters a string like f33b3 for a full combo)

And...

It's better for interrupting pressure because they have to respect ds or slide options.
Did you read my previous posts though? EX Red Dash also can be blown up. This though you have the option to back dash into F4 to blow up their string or poke which is safer than getting comboed after empty EX Red Dash or blocked ds. Kinda similar to 1,1,2,EX Dagger on crouch block and we all thought that was gimmicky but it still works. Also knowing that Skarlet has EX Red Dash or EX Dagger, I wouldn't try to counterpoke her with a string after a hit D1.

Did you read my previous posts though? EX Red Dash also can be blown up. This though you have the option to back dash into F4 to blow up their string or poke which is safer than getting comboed after empty EX Red Dash or blocked ds. Kinda similar to 1,1,2,EX Dagger on crouch block and we all thought that was gimmicky but it still works. Also knowing that Skarlet has EX Red Dash or EX Dagger, I wouldn't try to counterpoke her with a string after a hit D1.
How is it that you're being punished after ~EX Red Dash? I thought it carries the armor until you're able to block again.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
How is it that you're being punished after ~EX Red Dash? I thought it carries the armor until you're able to block again.
bad reads.

You do a Krimson Dash to bait blocking on wrong rane, they space out, and armor trough your blockstring.

Something that happens at cost of a great riskfrom the opponent, and not entirely from her because Skarlet is in position to bait whiffs as well too.

ryublaze

Noob
omg how many times do I have to repeat myself lol. If you're doing empty red dashes or an empty EX Red Dash into a string your opponent has time to start their own string and since Skarlet's normals are slow she can be beaten out. And if you're going to EX Red Dash then block you're just putting yourself back into their pressure and waste a bar of meter. They also can NJP (up slash can beat this) or jump forward/backward. Or they can use their own armor if you did an empty EX Red Dash. You can however link EX Red Dash into up/down slash to blow up their string but that requires a read and it's high risk/high reward. On the other hand, with D1 EX Dagger you can hit confirm a F4 red dash after a backdash.