What's new

D-pad or Analog?

do you use the D-pad or the Analog stick?

• Total voters
i use the D-pad (which is total crap) but thats cause i can never seem to line up the Analog, ill push it forwards three times and hit HP for sindels scream and nothing will happen, however if i use the D-pad its basically guaranteed...so im just curious how many people use the D-pad and how many use the Analog

now ive heard that Analog is better so if you have any tips for using the Analog they would be much appreciated even though im sure its pretty straight forward and just requires some practice

I use the D-pad as I am accumstomed to using it when it comes to fighters whether its 3d or 2d, but I hate it with a passion. If I had a nickel everytime I meant to uppercut but instead threw an iceshower.... :evil: :evil:

Where is the "both" option? I use the dpad for special moves like Ice Clone and Spear, but the Analog for jumping and all of that stuff.

Derek

Noob
I've gotten so used to my broken D-pad. Why make a switch now? I mean, yeah I could be a lot better if I had one that worked like it should but still I like the feel of my crappy D-pad. It's loose witch is great because combos are easier to preform now. It's just I can't TSK or Shield Spin on P1 side. Every now and then I have trouble with Reptile's dash.

Aside from that I really don't see any benefit using the Analog stick. It would be something I'd have to learn and get used to making me lose countless matches.

the dpad is the only thing i can use besides an arcade stick but i would need a stick identical to the arcade layout, money and time are tight so that wont be happening..........any word of a good third party controller with a dpad similar to the ps2s? ive broke 2 madcatz and 2 microsoft controllers because of the weakly made dpads. I was thinking of getting one of those mini controllers, anyone used it?

Lately the D-Pad has been a pain in the ass when im tryin to do Ermacs 100% corner. I have probs jumpin sometimes and its strating to be a regular problem. Is there any like arcade stick for the 360. like a platform type thing with a joy stick and 5 buttons?

I use analog for teleporting

Anyone else fuck up their d-pad? Mine sags on the bottem, and it moves on its own sometime

pretty bitchin

Kazlaz

Noob
no but i noticed the buttons on my controler are starting to stick which is not good im thinking about cleaning them out and winning to MS theys shouldnt do that stuff :(

When i first got this, i thought it was just my d-pad

one match i said duck and the bitch jumped

so i jumped on it

it still works though, its the one im using right now

Analog, I like to have control over my character. I do use the D-pad for certain fatalitys however. The analog stick is just great if you can get it right, Rolling the stick correctly puts out a huge gain IMO. But yeah somtimes Spears, Clones, Net,Scream, Etc.. Don't work so great.