What's new

Question D+4~CB? Is this good or just lag?

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
I have been doing this alot online and I dont seem to get blown up for it. I like it cause it basically forces the opponent to do something. I just wanna make sure its not something I am getting away with because of lag though. Thoughts? Is it a good mix up, or just a lag tactic?

ShadowBeatz

Dropper of Bass and Bombs
You could use it as a gimmick I guess. I wouldn't do it more than once though. The opponent can blow you up after the d4 by jumping in. Or they can just jump away. I've never done it though so I wouldn't really know... :oops:

I figure it'd probably force them to do one of 3 things

1. crossup (you can probably punish?)
2. jump away (you can probably punish?)
3. fast normal~Armored special/special that avoids the bomb (they have to use meter to escape, notbad.jpg)

yes, no, maybe? I dunno, I don't play this broke-ass character yet.. i wanna learn too lol

SquirtMcGirt

Well I wasn't saying like base your strategy around it, I just meant as the occasional mix up. Like I said I haven't been blown up yet for it. And if the jump at you standing 1 all day. If they jump back net. I could see Armor blowing it up though. Thanks for the quick responses guys

it's only +30 on cancelhit, it's +24 on cancelblock and +23 on cancelhit vs crouch

Cyrax is gonna be significantly negative on this, but that's ok since you'd use this once they respect your faster options after a d4. ShadowBeatz next time we play do this to me, ive never had a cyrax do it before so no idea how to escape atm

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
i do this to everyone theres an entire situation built around this. remember d4 has push back and saw is -10 as well, how easy is that to punish?

SquirtMcGirt

i do this to everyone theres an entire situation built around this. remember d4 has push back and saw is -10 as well, how easy is that to punish?

I thought it felt fairly safe, another tool in this crazy robots chest.

PND_Mustard

"More stealthful than the night"
Premium Supporter
on block its a very bad idea for obvious reasons, but on hit it''s alright, more of a gimmick than anything else, but when the game has breakers gimmicks are fine :p

SquirtMcGirt

Thank you all again for your responses. While we are on the subject of what you should or shouldn't do, are there any common mistakes you see new cyrax players make that might hinder their ability to be good with the character?

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
I haven't had it happen yet, but I've mostly been playing ranked matches online. Not the best pool of players I know. I just didn't wanna get into a bad habit ya know
considering your doing d4 close bomb, u kinda already are, d4 on hit only grants you +16 frames, a bomb release is in the 20's. so all they need to do is back away from it or come after you.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Ya if you are getting away with d4 bomb on a regular basis they I gotta say online has something to do with that or maybe the opponent's knowledge. Having said that it would not be a bad idea to mix it in once in a while in an attempt to catch your opponent slipping simply based on the surprise factor.