What's new

Cyrax Vs. Freddy.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
I don't know quite what to make of this matchup. Help, anyone?

So far, my biggest asset against him has been the Teleport and getting behind him when he starts throwing specials.
Except unlike in similar situations like Kenshi or Kitana, he has his back and forth Teleport to schooch away with.
Trying to zone him out has been a losing battle, so I've mostly been fighting him face to face to see what clicks.
And his Nightmare Stance Sweep is a severe pain in my shiny metal ass.

How have you all dealt with him? Any pointers?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
To compete with Freddy, you have to know the basics.

- every time you block a full screen glove toss or Freddy fingers, you also have to block a far ground spike. You cannot jump or dash.

- two far ground spikes cannot be dashed. You have to dash and block.

- if you jump forward full screen away, mid ground spike acts as an AA. Cyrax can avoid this trap with an aerial teleport, but do not abuse.

- do not teleport randomly because you will only lose your positional advantage. Freddy can simply d+1 xx teleport back and there is nothing Cyrax can do about it.

- close ground spikes are punishable by 3,3 xx Net. EX ground spike is safe.

- learn how to approach Freddy, and this match up is even. It comes down to Freddy's zoning vs Cyrax's high damage output.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
To compete with Freddy, you have to know the basics.

- every time you block a full screen glove toss or Freddy fingers, you also have to block a far ground spike. You cannot jump or dash.

- two far ground spikes cannot be dashed. You have to dash and block.

- if you jump forward full screen away, mid ground spike acts as an AA. Cyrax can avoid this trap with an aerial teleport, but do not abuse.

- do not teleport randomly because you will only lose your positional advantage. Freddy can simply d+1 xx teleport back and there is nothing Cyrax can do about it.

- close ground spikes are punishable by 3,3 xx Net. EX ground spike is safe.

- learn how to approach Freddy, and this match up is even. It comes down to Freddy's zoning vs Cyrax's high damage output.
Excellent. Gracias, amigo.
If I can get the Close Spike punish down, that'll make Teleporting behind even more viable. Yum.