What's new

Cyrax bombs OTG?

t_rall

Noob

While trying to practice some combos, I accidentally stumbled on this combo. Seems like the bombs will OTG even a rolling character. I've been using it a lot online to get an easy, 1 meter, 55% damage combo out. It could probably be improved by others, as I'm not terribly good at the game yet. I didn't see any other videos point it out yet, but I could be wrong.

The main advantage is the damage reset and the net reset.

REYTHEGREAT

While trying to practice some combos, I accidentally stumbled on this combo. Seems like the bombs will OTG even a rolling character. I've been using it a lot online to get an easy, 1 meter, 55% damage combo out. It could probably be improved by others, as I'm not terribly good at the game yet. I didn't see any other videos point it out yet, but I could be wrong.

The main advantage is the damage reset and the net reset.
Hmm I think once the opponent hit the ground he can do a wake up attack to about the bomb to explode. I could be wrong.

t_rall

Noob
I tested with the computer on wake-up and roll. If you position the bombs correctly, I'm getting about a 95% success chance. It would be a little character specific, since a wake-up teleport would work, but since Cyrax can block at this point, there's no risk to him.

Guess it's more of a trap than an explicit combo. Though if the other player doesn't safely wake-up out of it, it definitely combos.

I tested with the computer on wake-up and roll. If you position the bombs correctly, I'm getting about a 95% success chance. It would be a little character specific, since a wake-up teleport would work, but since Cyrax can block at this point, there's no risk to him.

Guess it's more of a trap than an explicit combo. Though if the other player doesn't safely wake-up out of it, it definitely combos.
Good find! This is an awesome set-up, I definitely dig it. You should add it to the unblockables sticky thread. I could see this being character wake up specific, a couple I would try to verify if they can get out of it would be sub zero's ice clone wake up, ermac's wake ups of any flavor have a ton of invincibility for some reason, kano ball, and of course Raiden's stupid teleport.

You are correct in that bombs do definitely otg, in one of the setups I posted to bait out breakers after a ex bomb, close bomb 3,3 if they take the hits without breaker they are immediately otg'd in the same fashion. This variation looks much safer and pretty consistent if they really can't wake up out of it. good stuff!

t_rall

Noob
Sub-Zero ice clone wake-up won't save him. That's the first one I tested. I'll look into some of the others.

Some wonkiness with the way the camera pulls back from this distance traps even Smoke's backward teleport about 85% of the time too.

Ermac's hover is his only out, it seems. You can easily read it and throw a net to counter that though, setting him up for a repeat.

Raiden can teleport, but that's about it. Delaying the bomb for a millisecond longer makes the invincibility on the other wake-ups expire too quickly.

This is all vs. the computer, so I'm not sure how a human would fair. If anything, I think they'd be more prone to miss the execution since the timing only allows a very, very short window for escape.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
This is definatly an OTG...

But if we are not careful, the bomb after the sticky bomb will be removed too, dropping the best part about his combo options.

Lets keep his shit legit. We are just giving NRS more reasons to nurf him...again.

My solution, is to just scale his damage down after a bomb. Problem solved.

Zebster

How's my volume?
This is definatly an OTG...

But if we are not careful, the bomb after the sticky bomb will be removed too, dropping the best part about his combo options.

Lets keep his shit legit. We are just giving NRS more reasons to nurf him...again.

My solution, is to just scale his damage down after a bomb. Problem solved.
You are being paranoid. This isn't powerful enough to make them nerf it. Besides, they aren't buffing or nerfing anyone for a while after the hotfix.