What's new

Guide Cyborg - The Art of Cancelling

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT

As we all know, Cyborg is the character that has the most number of specials that can be cancelled (with a back/forward dash).

Specials that can be cancelled:

-
Nova Blaster (bf1):

This move is really useful since it's a projectile. You can catch the opponent off guard and just point to them and dash back and do it over. However, you must be aware of how close the corner is. It can also be used for counter-pokes and to avoid pokes. For example, you can do 2bf1 (hold and cancel) so they won't poke out and you won't get pressured.

- Sonic Disruptor (df2):

This move works as well as bf1 but 2 frames faster and it can be hold as long as you want to. You can trick opponents with it (sweep distance only) and if you release while they try to get close you would have two options: 1) if it hits them you can keep zoning; 2) if they block it you stand at a +3 on block advantage where you can get a Nova Blaster for free.

- Sonic Disruptor Up (db2):

This move seems to be "useless" BUT it's pretty good to trick your opponent and it's PERFECT for Doomsday sky drop.

- Target Acquired (dd/ddf/dd-3):

This move is like the perfect move to trick your opponents in a lot of ways. For example, if you do 112 and fake the Target Acquired into back dash the opponent would, most likely, try to wake up attack. Now, I've tested this and it's safe, so if the opponent tried to wake up attack you have two options; you can either meter burn b3/f3 or block and punish the wake up attack.

- Repair Circuit (Trait):

This move can be useful if people use it's disadvantage on their advantage. Let me explain myself; if you do trait the opponent would, mostly likely, try to punish so you won't regenerate. Here is where it gets intense, this move can be also canceled into any other special, including Super. Knowing this you know that if they try to punish you, you can do air grapple or super them. Also, you can do Nova Blaster and if they read that you can also FAKE the Nova Blaster into any string/special you want.

and I found a BONUS one that I wanna share with our community...

Drone Kick (b2):

This move is a low hit move and it's a normal. Now most of with might be thinking "how the hell can that be cancelled?", well...I found a way. Drone kick can be hold for a second and a half, and the most amazing thing about it is that it can also be canceled into any special so if they try to punish it, you can just let it go and the special will come out after the drone kick. So I decided to make a tech with this and this is what I've got: if you end a combo with 112 (midscreen / corner) you can go ahead and dash and hold b2 and if you think they are going to wake up attack you, you can just hold b2 and MB b3 / f3. Now, if you do this theb2 won't stop the wake up attack but the armor of the b3 / f3 meter burned would. Knowing this, you can go head and do112 - hold b2 and also cancel it and go for a f3, and if they read this you can just go ahead and do b2 again instead of f3, so it's a pretty good mind-game.

I hope ya'll like it!
<3

-Project

Drone Kick (b2):

This move is a low hit move and it's a normal. Now most of with might be thinking "how the hell can that be cancelled?", well...I found a way. Drone kick can be hold for a second and a half, and the most amazing thing about it is that it can also be canceled into any special so if they try to punish it, you can just let it go and the special will come out after the drone kick. So I decided to make a tech with this and this is what I've got: if you end a combo with 112 (midscreen / corner) you can go ahead and dash and hold b2 and if you think they are going to wake up attack you, you can just hold b2 and MB b3 / f3. Now, if you do this theb2 won't stop the wake up attack but the armor of the b3 / f3 meter burned would. Knowing this, you can go head and do112 - hold b2 and also cancel it and go for a f3, and if they read this you can just go ahead and do b2 again instead of f3, so it's a pretty good mind-game.

-Project
something i actually had no idea about. thank you
b2 cancels into specials/other normals? 0_0
i knew about the hold and dash obviously though. yeah hold b2 cancelled into mbb3 is going to be godlike lol cant wait to test this

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
something i actually had no idea about. thank you
b2 cancels into specials/other normals? 0_0
i knew about the hold and dash obviously though. yeah hold b2 cancelled into mbb3 is going to be godlike lol cant wait to test this

I think you misunderstood me. I meant that you can hold it (the b2) and while holding it you can do a MB b3 and the b3 will come out after you release the b2. So, if your opponent tries to wake up attack the b2 will release and the armor of the MB b3 will eat most of the wake up attacks.

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
I have been actively trying to get 100 online wins with every character and am in the process of Cyborg now. To do so, I generally look at the TYM forum for each character, do some practicing (just enough to compete with scrubs), and go to town. This post is really upping my game with the borg. Thanks.

MKPROJECT2359

EMPEROR | MKU PROJECT
I have been actively trying to get 100 online wins with every character and am in the process of Cyborg now. To do so, I generally look at the TYM forum for each character, do some practicing (just enough to compete with scrubs), and go to town. This post is really upping my game with the borg. Thanks.
You're welcome buddy :)

nightw0lf

Earthrealm Defender / F23 MAN
it is funny to me that most average online players do not know how to deal with a well placed TA after a combo.