What's new

Cyborg Super Duper Stage Tech. Luthor's Lab.

KIllaByte

PSN: playakid700. Local name: BFGC MonkeyBizness
Lex Luthor's laboratory.
It is here that Cyborg can add 20% for FREE on wall combos on the right side, and use the midscreen air interactables much better than his opponents can- and is much more likely to earn 18-20% bonus damage on OTGS...

Corner, 20% Bonus damage.

In the right corner, do any string or normal of choice into one Meterburend Down Back 1, into down 2, into R1 interactable for a completely inescapable 20% OTG, tested against Superman's wakeup super move, and tech roll wakeup super move. This is high 50%s, for one bar of meter, depending upon how you combo into it.

You can do bigger combos for even more damage, but this gives the opponent the option to tech roll, then invinicible wakeup-- the only way out.
Using three bars of meter on Meterburn DownBack 1 leads to 62% normally, then 82% if you cancel into the interactable on the right side. Only way out is tech roll, wakeup combination.

Pretty Much Inescapable Setup

Any knockdown cancelled into medium or far missiles around the midscreen area lead to a seemingly inescapable setup, and sometimes a combo if timed right. End a combo with missiles, then jump up, and throw one of the ceiling lights at your opponent. They will be hit by one or both projectiles, depending upon how you time the throw of the ceiling light. If hit by both, you are given an opportunity to set up missiles or grappling hook for free, after doing 21% damage.
Sometimes, if close enough, you can combo off of these.

Big Damage Midscreen OTG

We all know the meterburn Down Back 1 does amazing damage, but at the right distance around midscreen in Luthor's Lab, You can end your combo with the meterburn of this move, jump up, and throw a ceiling light for another 20% otg. The only way out is tech rolling, but if they do this, you can delay the interactable throw and zone next to it for an inevitable interactables toss that will probably hit your opponent as they try to get in on you.

Super 1337 Ceiling light setup, 2.
If you're relatively far away from the ceiling lights on either side of the stage, but facing the center area of the stage as you end a combo or string with Cyborg, you can cancel into forward grapple after 1, 1, 3 or Back + 1, 2 3. Cyborg will fly over the opponent, directly into the ceiling light, which he can throw immediately, quite quickly. The opponent is given a very small amount of time to react to another 20% damage flying at them, locked on and tracking.

KIllaByte

Sheeit, no replies? Perhaps I should move this to the Cyborg sub-forum.....

KIllaByte

Could a mod sticky this, or something?
This is big stuff.
It needs attention.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Man this character forum seems dead you must feel like you are talking to youself killabyte. Nice tech though no one makes any stage specific strategies even though they blame their losses on it. The ceiling lamps seems like they were made to match cyborg's hook trajectory.

KIllaByte

Man this character forum seems dead you must feel like you are talking to youself killabyte. Nice tech though no one makes any stage specific strategies even though they blame their losses on it. The ceiling lamps seems like they were made to match cyborg's hook trajectory.
Until now, I have been.
People also complain about pointless threads being all they see on this site.
Perhaps that's because they ignore the legitimate tech threads, like this one.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Until now, I have been.
People also complain about pointless threads being all they see on this site.
Perhaps that's because they ignore the legitimate tech threads, like this one.
There are so many pointless threads on TYM that get attention, usually drama queen "top players" posting or useless tier lists. For me I would like to go to tournaments and represent my tech but I am too poor as a student. Sometimes it seems like im just uploading my tech to public folder so that I can retrieve at any place.

I won't stop though, I am having more fun with this game's practice mode and its less shitty online compared to MK9.

KIllaByte

Could someone record this? I'm more of a visual learner, and would really appreciate a quick-vid on how to.
I've obtained the new computer I've been waiting for- I'll be able to produce video much more efficiently now.
I'll update this post at some point.

KIllaByte

Okay, turns out I won't be more efficient in video production, for quite a while- as adjusting to a new operating system takes FUCKING FOREVER

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
This is a nice strategy. You can also use Taregt Aquired out of 113 in the corner into the interactable for some pretty nasty set-ups.

KIllaByte

This is a nice strategy. You can also use Taregt Aquired out of 113 in the corner into the interactable for some pretty nasty set-ups.
Right. The missiles will lift the opponent after the lazer face makes contact, right?