What's new

Question Cyborg grappling line input doesn't register?

is any one beside me having problem with the input for cyborg grappling line move? d into diagonals, it doesn't register half of time, and its irritating me.:(

This is the only character so far that I use SF inputs on over the regular ones. Its WAY more responsive with those inputs.

Okay, after some testing done by wonderchef I have figured out how to perform this special 100 percent of the time. The trick for me is to not use the ps3 pad, but instead use a madcatz sfxt pad. What was happening to me was pressing back or forward and up to perform a diagonal input was registering up or back than the ub/uf. You can't have U, then into UB inputs because the UP input trumps the UB, and if you do B into UB it still won't register the zipline 100 percent of the time. A madcatz fighter pad allows me to press UB or FB with no way of getting BACK or UP by them selves while executing the inputs. In conclusion it has to B,UB or B,FU perfectly. You don't want any D,B,UB or D,U,BU type of inputs.

In hindsight the inputs for cyborg zipline is horrible. I have no idea why NRS went with such a awkward inputs and not just d,b 1 type of inputs unless cyborg design was to cater stick players.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
is any one beside me having problem with the input for cyborg grappling line move? d into diagonals, it doesn't register half of time, and its irritating me.:(
I'm having trouble using the damn grappling hook after 113. Ive seen other people do it no problem.

I use an xbox controller dpad and I gotta say this move was a bitch to get down. But after reading what CrazySlasher said in post #2, he's very right about this.

Best way to practice the grappling hook.

Select a big character and set him to "Duck" position and "Stance" for blocking mode.
Set the reset in the practice options to 'right' so that every time you press 'Select', it will put you in the corner.

If you set everything correctly, Cyborg should be on the left, and the AI on the right is ducking and blocks any low attacks with his back up against the wall. Proceed to practice the string below.

How to Practice:

113 grapple, ji2 (repeat)

How to always land the grapple:

Just when the 3rd big punch is animating from cyborg, that is when you input::: down, down-right, right, up-right
or in other words, start from 6 o'clock and roll your thumb (or stick) to up-right

The most important thing to remember is that this method only works at the end of a string. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS METHOD to preform a regular grappling hook by itself, as this requires the actual precise button inputs.

Just when the 3rd big punch is animating from cyborg, that is when you input::: down, down-right, right, up-right
or in other words, start from 6 o'clock and roll your thumb (or stick) to up-right

The most important thing to remember is that this method only works at the end of a string. You WILL NOT BE ABLE TO USE THIS METHOD to preform a regular grappling hook by itself, as this requires the actual precise button inputs.
Yeah, I just tested this and your right. I watched my inputs while i performed 113~d, ub and it wont cancel into grappling hook but when I did 113 d,b,ub it registered every time. IMO this is more of a reason why its stupid to have cyborg grappling hook input as d into a diagonal motion in the first place because i just trained myself to hitting the input precise with no slop, and now to cancel into it I have to hit b or f by its self. I am starting to think cyborg is meant to be played on stick.

TomlulsBrady I helped u too and showed u it isn't impossible
You showed it to me on screen but, wonderchef explained it in depth what inputs have to be registered for it come out without fail. I don't think i can play cyborg on ps3 pad because my thumb is to big so when ever I press the d and u inputs I always get some time of slop like u,bu, or b, ub. to do cyborg grappling hook you have to precise each and every time.

Jax > cyborg

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
You showed it to me on screen but, wonderchef explained it in depth what inputs have to be registered for it come out without fail. I don't think i can play cyborg on ps3 pad because my thumb is to big so when ever I press the d and u inputs I always get some time of slop like u,bu, or b, ub. to do cyborg grappling hook you have to precise each and every time.

Jax > cyborg
I believe in tomluls

Plus u bodied fc champ I heard which is +2 points for u and I think I heard he quit injustice cause of either your games or shortly after

shaowebb

Get your guns on. Sheriff is back.
I believe in tomluls

Plus u bodied fc champ I heard which is +2 points for u and I think I heard he quit injustice cause of either your games or shortly after
LOL
Talks shit then rage quits week 1. If this is true can we use it as a tshirt to throw in the face of Marvel dudes who persist in shitting on NRS games?

EDIT: Also this is pretty good stuff so I'd like CrimsonShadow to look at this and maybe add it to the bug guide so NRS is aware of input things like this and their difficulties on certain controllers in registering properly. I'm thinking Bane might have this issue on the PS3 pad too on that command throw motion. Could you test that for me? I'm on 360 and can't check for it myself.

DanableLector

UPR DanableLector
I use an xbox controller dpad and I gotta say this move was a bitch to get down. But after reading what CrazySlasher said in post #2, he's very right about this.

Best way to practice the grappling hook.

Select a big character and set him to "Duck" position and "Stance" for blocking mode.
Set the reset in the practice options to 'right' so that every time you press 'Select', it will put you in the corner.

If you set everything correctly, Cyborg should be on the left, and the AI on the right is ducking and blocks any low attacks with his back up against the wall. Proceed to practice the string below.

How to Practice:

113 grapple, ji2 (repeat)

How to always land the grapple:

I'm going to try this as soon as i get a chance. Thanks for the advice; somehow I over looked crazy slashers post.