What's new

Cyborg Corner Grappling Hook 50/50

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Hey guys,

Thought I'd get some Cyborg tech sharing on the go.

Here is a way to consistently land either in front or behind the opponent using Cyborg's Grappling Hook in the corner.

The strength of this setup is that although you are in control of what side you land on, it's almost impossible at a glance to see where it's going to land should you be on the receiving end.

The combo is simple, but landing in front or behind depends on how high the opponent is when you land 113 into towards grapple. Land the 113 when the opponent is high up and the hook leaves you landing behind, land the 113 late in a combo when they're low to the ground and you land in front.

The opponent can wakeup, but you're rarely punishable, and if they delay wakeup they will always remain cornered no matter what.

I totally didn't know what determined what made it cross up or not haha, I just did it and followed up with 12 and confirm with b2 into power fist. Good video, glad to see your enjoying this character :)

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: ProbablyMinus
What are some good bnb midscreen combos thanks to ketchup i have a corner game, but i need a reliable midscreen game and some advancing moves and combos any tips?

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
has anyone... actually tested this set-up? It might just be my execution, but when i record Cyborg AI, I'm finding holding block towards (like, reading the cross up and holding towards the center of the screen) that it blocks both parts of the 50/50, even if i choose not to cross up, because I move slightly before the jip connects. Can someone else test this as well?

EDIT: it DOES work, tested it for a while, but the timing is much less lenient than you might think by looking at it. Just because you crossed-up/didnt doesn't mean you actually have a mix, I'm leaving this post up because I recommend everyone actually test their set-ups by recording AI cyborg to do it and trying to get out of it by holding block

Last edited:

EOTL

has anyone... actually tested this set-up? It might just be my execution, but when i record Cyborg AI, I'm finding holding block towards (like, reading the cross up and holding towards the center of the screen) that it blocks both parts of the 50/50, even if i choose not to cross up, because I move slightly before the jip connects. Can someone else test this as well?

EDIT: it DOES work, tested it for a while, but the timing is much less lenient than you might think by looking at it. Just because you crossed-up/didnt doesn't mean you actually have a mix, I'm leaving this post up because I recommend everyone actually test their set-ups by recording AI cyborg to do it and trying to get out of it by holding block
Isn't this setup beaten by techroll? Seemed that way when I tested it. I didn't test delayed wakeup.