What's new

Cyber-Subs MK3 Alternate problem

Pyronix

Phoenix
Something i discovered about cyber-subzeros mk3 costume is that you can no longer do an instant x-ray with FK+BK+Block. what happens is that a kick comes out before the x-ray making it start slower. the problem does not occur on FlipStance+Block nor on the original cyber-sub costume. (so it is the costume itself) please fix this problem. because i cant do the 2,1,1+2. jump xray anymore. unless i use the flip stance button. :(

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Something i discovered about cyber-subzeros mk3 costume is that you can no longer do an instant x-ray with FK+BK+Block. what happens is that a kick comes out before the x-ray making it start slower. the problem does not occur on FlipStance+Block nor on the original cyber-sub costume. (so it is the costume itself) please fix this problem. because i cant do the 2,1,1+2. jump xray anymore. unless i use the flip stance button. :(
Make a thread in the "Glitch Reporting" forum.

The exact same glitch happens with Kitana's MK2/3 costumes:

http://testyourmight.com/forum/showthread.php?8036-Kitana-Air-Xray-Glitch

Tw1sted

Noob
man why they even put these costumes out if they don't work? whatever happened to costumes being purely cosmetic?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Still don't understand why Cyber Sub Zero has a DLC costume that he has never had before, I am hoping Rain gets the UMK3 Treatment that Sub Zero has gotten with his new skin...

Altaire

Noob
I'll just be honest: While this is a legitimate concern, 2 1 1+2 into jump Xray is so, so wasteful. You can get the same damage for no meter whatsoever, man.

2 1 freeze, jump in punch 2 1 1+2, (dash) U4 slide - 40% by itself. If you started doing this combo, the lack of instant X-ray wouldn't even be slowing you down.

I'll just be honest: While this is a legitimate concern, 2 1 1+2 into jump Xray is so, so wasteful. You can get the same damage for no meter whatsoever, man.

2 1 freeze, jump in punch 2 1 1+2, (dash) U4 slide - 40% by itself. If you started doing this combo, the lack of instant X-ray wouldn't even be slowing you down.
I think he was referring to the full combo of 21~ice ball, jump-in punch, 211+2, X-Ray. This is 52% which is just about the max you can practically get from midscreen.

Altaire

Noob
I think he was referring to the full combo of 21~ice ball, jump-in punch, 211+2, X-Ray. This is 52% which is just about the max you can practically get from midscreen.
Well, he COULD do that, but it still seems wasteful. Why shell out three bars for 12% damage unless you absolutely need it?

I'll never understand the people that rely on Cyber Sub's X-ray combos. The only practical purpose his X-ray serves is to give you an armored divekick against characters who can stuff it, a la Kabal or Kitana.

Well, he COULD do that, but it still seems wasteful. Why shell out three bars for 12% damage unless you absolutely need it?

I'll never understand the people that rely on Cyber Sub's X-ray combos. The only practical purpose his X-ray serves is to give you an armored divekick against characters who can stuff it, a la Kabal or Kitana.
Yea I'm not saying use this as a staple in your game, but you can't deny the fact that you may come across a situation where this X-Ray combo is the best choice.

Altaire

Noob
Yea I'm not saying use this as a staple in your game, but you can't deny the fact that you may come across a situation where this X-Ray combo is the best choice.
It can happen, but really, those situations are few and far in between. The beauty of having X-ray when you're ahead of the game is that it completely prevents your opponent from jumping. Cyber Subs is such a great groundpounder, and he can just continually lay into them on the ground until they try to jump out/over you. You can't even make an attempt to zone him for the same reason.

Is his costume unpatched like the other retros? If they made it so dash 3 kicks are damn near impossible again I'm gonna stick to the default outfit.