What's new

Tech Cyber Sub-Zero Weird Hitbox - Bigger than sheeva?

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
after studying some combos, i've noticed against CSZ its easy to land some combos, actually some combos might be CSZ only, it seems like CSZ has a really weird hitbox compared to others...

in this video i show few combo examples with kabal and subzero, and comparing them with CSZ/sheeva

Discuss.

i like tha tthis is posted as tech, lol. i think the game;s just like, yo sheeva's bigger so gravity should bring her down faster. at least that's my attempt to explain this dumb BS, lol

Axel_Redd

Vampire Jesus....he wants YOUR blood now!!
after studying some combos, i've noticed against CSZ its easy to land some combos, actually some combos might be CSZ only, it seems like CSZ has a really weird hitbox compared to others...

in this video i show few combo examples with kabal and subzero, and comparing them with CSZ/sheeva

Discuss.
it would appear to me that cyber subzero has a slightly slower fall rate than the other characters....probably making it easier to do certain combos...

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I've wondered if anyone had noticed this.

An example of this "tech" we're discussing is when I practice one of Kabal's combos on Cyber Sub-Zero using b1 2 1, I ALWAYS land the neutral jump-punch after the launcher, and that is usually inconsistent on the entire roster. Now on Sheeva, I would miss it sometimes. The blue cyborg usually is my punching bag for combo training.

It might not be that Cyber Sub-Zero's hitbox is "bigger" than Sheeva, just differently shaped in some areas. Maybe Cyrax and Sektor have similar hitbox properties? Perhaps I should look into this, but I do doubt it.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I've wondered if anyone had noticed this.

An example of this "tech" we're discussing is when I practice one of Kabal's combos on Cyber Sub-Zero using b1 2 1, I ALWAYS land the neutral jump-punch after the launcher,.

yess this, excatly... alot easier than on any other character

It might not be that Cyber Sub-Zero's hitbox is "bigger" than Sheeva, just differently shaped in some areas. Maybe Cyrax and Sektor have similar hitbox properties? Perhaps I should look into this, but I do doubt it.
Pretty much every fighter has some weird hitbox property that can be exploited to the opponent's advantage/disadvantage. Take Kratos for instance; In Johnny Cage's F+3,3,B+3 string, the second hit of the middle 3 in Cage's string whiffs Kratos on stand block.

Cyber Subby has it hard with his hitbox properties. D:

CSZ needs to be Removed xD
CSZ's Ice Bombs need to freeze every time, and have his Cryo Bombs (EX Bomb) replaced with a Proximity Cryo Bomb that stays for 7 seconds, explodes and freezes the opponent when they get inside the radius. Like a cyber version of the Ice Clone.

DoctrineDark

Too little, too late...
CBZ is the only character with atrophied hitbox, this has always been so since the first version of mk9, but only with the original costume, with alternate costume has regular hitbox.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
I noticed this too attempting Kung Lao's 2 4 after the 2nd spin BNB, for some reason I couldn't land it while he had the MK3 costume on (or was it the other way round?)

I don't think his airborne hitbox is big per se, its just that he was the most rushed character design that's causing all of his inconsistencies with his collision detection.

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
I noticed this too attempting Kung Lao's 2 4 after the 2nd spin BNB, for some reason I couldn't land it while he had the MK3 costume on (or was it the other way round?)

I don't think his airborne hitbox is big per se, its just that he was the most rushed character design that's causing all of his inconsistencies with his collision detection.
yeah its just weird how his hitbox works