What's new

Cyber Sub x-Ray Reset 77% (please dont mind the audio)

kandehbar

The Gryphon
AWW shit it looks like cyber sub is getting the reset tech......good find man. with the new Glue trap and Pig of the Huts new tech plus this new tech it looks like we might see some CSZs

I hear by dub this THE X-J TECH

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Very nice man, the amount of times the opponent has just layed down on the bomb and i could have done this.

Same as before, used sparingly, I don't see why this wouldn't work.

Altaire

Noob
It's about time you started posting shit like this.

Not a lot of people seem to give J360 credit for his Cyber Sub, and both from the times I've played him and the times I've seen him on VSM, I can safely say this guy is legit. He has a lot of weird, Maxter-esque setups that make you think "Wait, what? That works? ...Well okay". He's definitely one of the best Cyber Subs in the business. If J360 isn't a name you respect, you ought to.

That's interesting. But do you really have to do the teleport and X-ray right away? What happens if you delay them a bit?

I think this has potential. Problem is almost everyone will jump back because that is a natural reaction to having a bomb on your feet. But I think you could also take advantage of that. Like, maybe mix it up with freeze or dash pressure. Risky I guess but I can see it become a severe mindfuck nonetheless. :)

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
The reason I usually do the teleport right away is to prevent the character from rolling. Now I wouldn't recommend doing x ray all the time. But if your fighting someone who you know jumps back all the time then you can delay your jump into X-ray and land it. What I was aiming for was a sure fire way to land this in most scenarios. The up 4xx close bomb setup usually forces players to jump, instead of x ray you can go for a n anti with jump punch into up4 slide again. Or I'f your balsy enough just an Ice ball will catch a jump back into an X-ray. Or you might even be able to put them back into the same situation with the close bomb cancel, now that I think about it I will test it out tonight. Sometimes you can do a setup with out teleporting and you'll get something similar to usedforglues push into a frozen bomb. I land this more than not just due to the fact that I don't abuse this combo.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Thanks Altair we gotta get some more games in or even a koh going with nothing but csz

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Dude, this is really amazing tech and the thing is it's not broken because you actually have a chance to escape which makes it a legitimate reset.

My question is what happens if you do an Enhanced Ice Beam instead of an X-Ray?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Dude, this is really amazing tech and the thing is it's not broken because you actually have a chance to escape which makes it a legitimate reset.

My really question to this is what happens if you do an Enhanced Ice Beam instead of an X-Ray?
thanks. when it comes to ex beam it works on characters that dont have invincible wake up attacks, but to be honest its hard to do a proper wakeup attack when cyber sub is messing up your directions with a teleport so you might get a freeze off of this as well. X-ray wipes out any armor on screen other than your own. But for some reason invincibility on some wake up attacks aren't considered armors so it will act as if blocked. Its kind of funky really.

My question is what happens if you do an Enhanced Ice Beam instead of an X-Ray?
I just tried and the bomb hit first so the freeze was wasted.

And how are you doing this with the MK3 costume? I thought that costume still has the glitch where he throws out a kick before x-raying?

Ether

Noob
Ah, this reset. I was trying to figure out a more consistent way to land it as well, but never had much luck. Post-up4 Bomb setups are pretty cool.

Altaire

Noob
Whats a good way to follow up the bomb-teleport without an x-ray?
Divekick/EX divekick, B2 2 if your opponent stays in stand block, NJP (if you expect your opponent to jump towards you), reaction uppercut, and so on. There's a lot of ways you can go about this. You should never Xray out of this setup every single time to begin with, even if you have the meter. As J360 pointed out, this setup won't be effective if you abuse it.

All of Cyber Sub's bomb setups need to be varied enough to keep your opponent guessing. He has no real guaranteed bombs outside of his bomb trap combo, and the glue trap to an extent. When you come out of the teleport after this setup, you should really just wait sometimes to gauge your opponent's reaction to the bomb, and go from there.

Another example of this is Usedforglue's F2 2 1 close bomb setup. You can throw one of these out, and just wait for your opponent to react to it. If they jump back, you can AA them with a divekick/slide, throw a bomb underneath them or freeze/EX freeze. If they jump toward you, you can just uppercut them at peak jump height, then combo it into a slide for 20% (this ONLY works if you catch them at peak jump height, as with Ermac's AA uppercut into teleslam).

You really need to get creative with Cyber Sub to win with him in high level play. You'll never beat a smart opponent if your tactics are linear.