What's new

Question - Swarm Queen Current State Of Bug Cancels

Joj0s

Noob
So I want to pick up SQ D'vorah but I have been hearing a lot about constant changes regarding her cancels throughout recent patches. Are they currently doable online and worth the lab time?

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
So I want to pick up SQ D'vorah but I have been hearing a lot about constant changes regarding her cancels throughout recent patches. Are they currently doable online and worth the lab time?
If you haven't learnt her cancels yet then go ahead and learn her. The annoying thing is when you learn her cancels and nrs suddenly decides to change the Timing. But they definitely are still doable offline and online. 112 wgc and b1 wgc are a bit thougher to learn but you'll get used to it.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
The cancels are fine, you'll get better at the cancels with practice. 112 and B1 will be the hardest to learn. Yes they are doable online.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
After 8.31 and before the hotfix it was definitely more than delusion and hysteria lol. But yeah it's worth to learn her trust me.
That was already stated as a bug, all the run cancels were messed up. I'm talking about the later 112 cancel nonsense

Blewdew

That was already stated as a bug, all the run cancels were messed up. I'm talking about the later 112 cancel nonsense
I don't get that as well imo the difference is not that bad. It's there but not that much. And if you haven't learnt the wgc pre patch like the OP you should be fine getting them down.

Skedar70

Noob
I can't get the 112 cancel. An I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have the same issue that Honeybee posted in his video. If I get the bug cancel it doesn't combo and if I do it too early it doesn't cancel the bug.

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I can't get the 112 cancel. An I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I have the same issue that Honeybee posted in his video. If I get the bug cancel it doesn't combo and if I do it too early it doesn't cancel the bug.
Do it once you see the bug come out. You have a couple frames to link this.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
You're probably doing it too fast and overthinking it

Blewdew

it's kinda tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it. just as widowpuppy said wait until you see the bug and then you have a small window to do it.it's the same with f112wgc2 on block when you set the AI to reversal and try to jail it's about how fast you input 2 after the cancel and not only how fast you cancel your wasp grenade. you should first practise to get the wgc on the very first possible frame without trying it to link it into 212 because it feels different than f11 or f22 and if you just concentrate on trying to link 212 you'll end up not doing the wgc at all. after that it's just pressing 212 as soon as you start to run.

you should give it a day of practise at least it can be hard at the beginning but it's quite easy to get it consistent fast in my opinion. you'll see that after some time you'll end up doing your cancels way faster in general. if you're not confident enough to do 112wgc in a real match though you can leave it out you don't loose that much damage from it. but if you ask me you should always go for it cancel characters are really about confidence imo.

Skedar70

Noob
it's kinda tricky at first but you'll get the hang of it. just as widowpuppy said wait until you see the bug and then you have a small window to do it.it's the same with f112wgc2 on block when you set the AI to reversal and try to jail it's about how fast you input 2 after the cancel and not only how fast you cancel your wasp grenade. you should first practise to get the wgc on the very first possible frame without trying it to link it into 212 because it feels different than f11 or f22 and if you just concentrate on trying to link 212 you'll end up not doing the wgc at all. after that it's just pressing 212 as soon as you start to run.

you should give it a day of practise at least it can be hard at the beginning but it's quite easy to get it consistent fast in my opinion. you'll see that after some time you'll end up doing your cancels way faster in general. if you're not confident enough to do 112wgc in a real match though you can leave it out you don't loose that much damage from it. but if you ask me you should always go for it cancel characters are really about confidence imo.
Last night I got like 5 out of 100 tries. I can do the f112wgc2 on block consistently but the 112wgc2 is killing me. I will continue trying for a while If I can't I'll switch to venomous.

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
Last night I got like 5 out of 100 tries. I can do the f112wgc2 on block consistently but the 112wgc2 is killing me. I will continue trying for a while If I can't I'll switch to venomous.
Experiment with different timings, and time yourself off the animations instead of just trying to get a feel for it. I had the same struggle getting Liu Kangs F213, FBRC, F213 to jail after the patch. Eventually you will get it, but make sure you 1)Have the right inputs (no stray diagonals), 2)Are hitting the cancel appropriately (experiment with where you start up the cancel to hit it), and 3) are connecting your next string as soon as possible (check your stamina use against a recording of successful cancel strings).

You can do it. It just takes experimentation. Try not to keep doing the same timings over and over again if they're wrong. Switch it up.

Good luck!

Blewdew

that's weird since the timing of 112wgc212 on hit and f112wgc2 jail on block feel very similiar (for me at least). back then my problem was that I wasn't patient enough, did the cancel to early and nothing happened. imo the secret is to press 112df1, wait a bit until the bug comes out and THEN do the fast rc 212 motion and I get it 10/10. can you record a few tries? I'd like to see where your fault is.

by the way don't drop SQ because of that string. this variation's potential doesn't rely on her 112. you can get 40% with one bar even without the cancel and you can also punish with f11 instead of 112.

Skedar70

Noob
You're probably doing it too fast and overthinking it
Ok I can do the bug cancel but its the linking into 212 that I can't nail. The opponent is able to block it. There are very few times where I connect it. I'm guessing the run cancel after the bug has to be cancelled really fast into the 212 but the window seems sooo small compared to her other moves like f11 or f22.

TopTierHarley

Kytinn King
Ok I can do the bug cancel but its the linking into 212 that I can't nail. The opponent is able to block it. There are very few times where I connect it. I'm guessing the run cancel after the bug has to be cancelled really fast into the 212 but the window seems sooo small compared to her other moves like f11 or f22.
That's because the window is smaller, it's the same timing as doing b1 wc 212. after you get the cancel you have to immediately slide your finger to 2

any1 getting f22wc212 consistently?
Not as easy as f11~wc but it's still quite doable. I do it online.

I believe you can get f1 after instead of 2, and 2 is a frame faster so there's definitely some leniency.

Make sure you are doing most of your run inputs before that bug comes out. As soon as you see that red bug, right trigger and press 2

I'd say I've been practising obsessively for about 2 hours and can only get f22 wgc 212 15% of the time.

I am elderly though so I'm trying to be patient with myself but it's like...

ugh.