What's new

Cross ups and pressure.

Well i'm trying to main Kenshi cuz he was my main in the 3d games too.

I heard (not only heard about it... i felt it myself D:) he has alot of problems with cross ups so kinda wanted to ask what to do against an opponent who keeps doing this?

I also have alot of problems against agressive opponents. (not only with Kenshi but in general with everyone.)
What's the best move to stop the pressure?

Thx in advance.

jump in the opposite direction so that you take a lick but you are given breathing room. Its the most efficient way I've found so far. Or you can time a well placed Ex DB1. Ex for the armor.

Yeah and people seem to abuse it against him. Dx Can't blame them tho.

Also... I hate it when people jump over my DB1 (especially when used as wake up) right into my face. is there anything better to do against that? I try DB3 but that's usually too slow.

Well, as for Kenshi defending against cross-ups, I do something extremely stupid, but pretty damn effective. I do this with all of my characters actually. Block the jump in punch and spam d3 lol. It works pretty damn well and keeps people off of you and annoys the crap out of them. Screw trying to be all strategic about it and using db1 ex to absorb a hit with the armor and get a launcher....d3 is all you need! But as far as your general problems against aggressive opponents, that is a key part of this game. Being aggressive. When you put someone in a defensive position, you have a HUGE advantage. What you need to work on is figuring out how to get the hell out of those situations. It's easy with a character like reptile because as soon as someone tries to cross you up, you just elbow dash your problems away and youre safe. With Kenshi, id work on fixing what youre doing that gets you into that situation in the first place. And when you read a jump in coming thats going to begin the pressure, db4 does really well, as well as a well timed bf2. My best advice is to zone like crazy and if you feel like hes almost got you in that cross up position, go ahead and start crossing the opponent up. Kenshi has some sweet bnb combos that are safe on block as well as a decent low starter. Dont be too scared of opponents that get in, but just try to start your relentless aggression before they do. Anyway, hope that helped a bit.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Yeah, I like his cross ups because you have the option to do the high attacks or his high, low, high mix ups great for 50/50 mind games. Kenshi isn't just a great turtler and zoner but can hold his own up close too.

Kenshi isn't just a great turtler and zoner but can hold his own up close too.
god everytime i read anything you write i just shake my head.

if anyone agrees with this, you need to stop playing fighting games... maybe tetris or something.

Also, anyone who reads anything from mkf should know that he has never won/placed in any real tournament... ever

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
You know, you really don't know what you're talking about ^ ask ANYONE here who's played me, and they'll tell you I know what I'm doing. All you do is make stupid avys and make pointless threads. Please go back to MKU...and actually, I have won tourneys, smaller ones for your information, but of course you speak out of your ass as always...and what tourneys have you "won" since you feel the need to brag? Oh yeah, exactly....

Clearly you have no idea that Kenshi has high, low attacks do you? lol Dr. Delusional over here. Oh btw, I heard you didn't go to Evo so please STFU either...

Jay9k

Noob
well what i normally do is use his spirit charge (bf+2) for wakeups it has a good hitbox it even catches them when they try to cross you up after a knockdown