What's new

Tech Cross up charge traps

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Just what the title says, traps in which the venom charge crosses up. Im only going to put out two, but they are everywhere to be found. Including off of EVERY background bounce interactable. Any time we have a certain amount of advantage off a hard knockdown, you can bet there is a cross up charge waiting for it. Also the change to make these cross up and not cross up is undetectable to the naked eye.

This was found in the batcave: crime lab: right side corner...

Cross up jd3, 11xxinteractable, charge.
This can be done two ways
V1: You get the charge to cross up on their wake up by inputting the charge as soon as the opponent is hit with the rockets in the "xxinteractable". Damage is reset after "11x", and after the "xinteractable"
V2: You get the charge to hit non cross up by stalling the input of the charge to a little after they get hit by the rockets.

The charge can be beaten by waking up, but the opponent has to guess what side the charge will hit since the cross up and non cross up versions are virtually undetectable unless you know the gimmick(some wake ups can be spammed both ways). After the charge you can dash over and set up anything into the background bounce or you can push back towards the corner. The first reset after "11xx" cant be jumped in any direction, but a well timed backdash will ruin the set up(the opponent still gets hit, but just suffers a hard knockdown instead of the juggleable big knock up). I couldn't get a mb b3 out in time to stop the reset, but I have to imagine you can if you can backdash(but you have to do all that quickly, because the rockets hit in a matter of >15 frames after the hitstun of 11). Imo a good map specific gimmick with high damage potential, but not something im betting my game on(or rather not always what ill go for in that specific corner).

You can also do this after a b23,(late)b23xxinteractable without having to jump in to get to the corner(only on small bodies). The timing for the cross up charge is when the opponent stops moving. This same timing works if the opponent tried to backdash in the former set up.

The second set up was found on the left side of Ferris...

Swinging hammer~charge as soo as you active when you land

The timing on this one is much more difficult and changes slightly with range. At the closest hitting distance its almost impossible to hit the cross up, but if you're in the corner and the opponent is coming in its much easier to time for consistency. Did not try at farthest range cause I would never throw it there.

A biiiiiiig disclaimer here, If the opponent does block the cross up its just like martian manhunters overhead tele. It suddenly becomes hella punishable on block. Also I dont know exactly which wake ups that break this or not, but again they have to know what side you're guna hit to get it out anyway(sans spaming a bfwake up both ways or situations like a DS trying to sword flip coming out as sword spin.).

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If they see you coming from that far away, why can't they just hold straight down which blocks it both ways? Makes the cross-up unsafe as well.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Nah I mean its been the same problem since May. A lot of people fall into it though because they all tend to hold down-back instinctively.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Like I said in the council thingy its a gimmick through and through. Its not really in the meta right now to crouch block charge since everyone is ready to MBb3 it. All the way up to high level play people still standing block it(an example would be stick wars that just happened Grr vs Rico. Rico would instinctively stand block grr's charge even though he was already crouching). Also off a BGB you see the start up and it happens, so you need to make the choice quick. Especially since bane has like 55 different things he can do off a background bounce not including finishing the combo for max damage

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
I never said it was bad, just making sure the same rules still applied. As I said before, people tend to d.b. block things so if they guess wrong they'll still eat it.