What's new

Critique my kung lao

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
I want the kung lao community to help my game out so im going to start posting some videos here every so often, to show you guys how im doing with him. any advice and criticism is accepted and i hope you guys will help me get better as a player and also with his match-ups!
Here are 2 i just recorded:

Flagg

Noob
Hey I think we played earlier only you were Cage then.

I think your Kung Lao is better than your Cage, but you started teleporting a bit too much which is why ol' Nightwolf punished a lot, but he does have a fast uppercut to be fair.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』

I think your Kung Lao is better than your Cage, but you started teleporting a bit too much which is why ol' Nightwolf punished a lot, but he does have a fast uppercut to be fair.
lol yeah my 3 guys are cage, ermac and KL. and most of the time you see me just randomly teleport it's me trying to do enhanced

Flagg

Noob
lol yeah my 3 guys are cage, ermac and KL. and most of the time you see me just randomly teleport it's me trying to do enhanced
Yeah I hate that. I used to main Sheeva aaaaages ago, and ive played around with raiden and Lao in the past, and doing their enhanced teleports is tricky sometimes. I always found pressing the block sort of, half way through the input worked.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Yeah I hate that. I used to main Sheeva aaaaages ago, and ive played around with raiden and Lao in the past, and doing their enhanced teleports is tricky sometimes. I always found pressing the block sort of, half way through the input worked.
thats how it is done but in certain situations you HAVE to input it differently

Bildslash

Goro Lives 
From what I saw here're my suggestions:

-Don't start pressure with 1121 unless it is from a JIP. 1 is 10 frames and whiffs easily versus crouching opponents. Use 2 instead: it's 7 frames, safe on block, can lead to 2 4 1+2 or 21212 strings.
-Use 21212 like there's no tomorrow, it chips and builds meter like crazy; unless you got them in the corner. Very few characters can punish Lao when that string is blocked.
-To get in use Roll or whiffed low Divekick more.
-When using Roll you don't need to use Low Hat or Spin everytime. Roll is for practical purposes safe.
-Use EX Spin to punish their whiffed attacks.
-Read Glue's guide/bible.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I think it's useful to use ex teleport after a knockdown that gives you frames because they may get up with a wakeup attack and you can blow that up with a full combo on certain characters. You probably shouldn't use a naked ex teleport because you can easily just jump backwards to get out of it. You can get away with that online though. Looks good.

SunnyD

24 Low Hat!
- using excessive meter vs Quan Chi is a big no-no in my book. If that guy Rune Trapped you once....
- less random teles and f3 lowhat, use safer ways to get in like dash blocking
- no use of 212121, pressure was lacking
- NO d4 lowhats. ever. or even up close lowhats. Full/far midscreen only
- i know its online but jumping has to stop
- More AA spin, Nightwolf was jumping like a kangaroo near the end of that match
- And yes, Nightwolf's lightning is unblockable. Bullshit i know.

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts

Aww, you gotta d1 that shit!

d3 is your poke to go imo, it gives you the advantage on hit and isnt as negative on block as d1, d1 is used for interrupting something fast or anti air. d4 is usually for counterpoke I dont use it as much anymore because it can be crossed up. but against some characters d4 is really effective.

Wildabeast

The Bat in the Hat
Kinda surprising you dont know anything about Nightwolf as hes a fairly popular character online. Anyway Nightwolfs lighting is only escapable by jumping (armored tele might help as well).

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Kinda surprising you dont know anything about Nightwolf as hes a fairly popular character online. Anyway Nightwolfs lighting is only escapable by jumping (armored tele might help as well).
ive truely only played like 4 good nightwolf's online and the character is just annoying online