What's new

Match Footage Critique my Bane!

KingKuma

Noob
First off thanks to RunwayMafia for recording these matches. I had a lot of fun playing against him even if I did get whooped XD

That being said I really want to level up and am looking forward to any constructive criticism you guys put forth. I really enjoy playing Bane but man is it difficult. Anyway, I hope if nothing else you guys find the gameplay entertaining.

Hawkgirl vs Bane:
This was my first time playing against a good HG. Is it me or is she +frames on everything? Also, dat D1 :'(

Killer Frost vs Bane:
Try as I might I will never understand why a wake-up viable, low, and fast combo starter that leads into 50/50's is safe on block...

Catwoman vs Bane:
I don't know what to say about this one. I really think I could have won quite a few of these matches were it not for execution errors and stupid, stupid Venomed charges.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
Only watched the CW match up as that one interests me the most for some reason. Prob watch KF later because I seldomly see her.

I think you did a lot of things right, just when you got caught you got nailed & a lot of your game changing combos got clashed. And you're right, stupid charging at first but we all understand, we've all done it.

I attempt to do mostly what you do. Only thing I do different is that after a round or 2 most everyone knows to block low to stop the launcher. So I'll do B21 with the overhead & hard knockdown, catch a ton of people with it repeatedly and who doesn't like hard knockdowns. It's also risky but F3 combos can be a pretty big payday after they get conditioned to block low. Oh and several times you had venom when you got a launch but let it run out. If you get a combo and notice it will run out I pump to the next level after the launch for extra damage.

chief713

Vertebral Subluxationist
Only watched the Catwoman as well. Really good play, man. The only advice I'd give is to go up more venom levels more often, especially when you get in and have the opponent on the defensive. And try to backdash a little more in between pressure when you see a window. Too hard to try and block all that bullshit. Other than that, you just got unlucky a lot cause clash killed your momentum or you just couldn't escape an interactable. Nothing you can really do about those. Your pressure when you were able to get going full steam a few times was beast tho. Me gusta that shit.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Watched them all, no comment. Learn your tools and work to make sure those execution errors don't occur again.

KingKuma

Noob
Watched them all, no comment. Learn your tools and work to make sure those execution errors don't occur again.
Thanks for commenting! In my defense some of those drops happened in the corner where some really wonky stuff happens if you cross people over.

Cup-O-Joker

Just an ordinary Cup o' Joe, just with some spice.
You're a pretty good player (could probably kick my ass), but you should broaden/expand your horizon of combos/moves. Other than that, practice
practice
practice
practice
PRACTICE!

KingKuma

Noob
Against Killer Frost I think it's best to have at least 1 juice on when she does her 50/50s.

Also GGA pimpimjim bully of the year

Do you mean having it up to try and escape with armor? I've tried it but it seems difficult. I'll hit the lab with this but it seems that unless the KF player times their F3 or slide incorrectly after the reset Double Punch or any special won't come out.

Also, yeah I know PPJ in real life XD We still need to play though Jimbo, stop playing Tag 2 I need to level up.

KingKuma

Noob
You're a pretty good player (could probably kick my ass), but you should broaden/expand your horizon of combos/moves. Other than that, practice
practice
practice
practice
PRACTICE!

I definitely need to expand on the mix-ups. I'm working on implementing F1D and B21 after a knock down. Bane doesn't have much in terms of combo variety though. It's really all about getting the knock down.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I definitely need to expand on the mix-ups. I'm working on implementing F1D and B21 after a knock down. Bane doesn't have much in terms of combo variety though. It's really all about getting the knock down.
You can also try B1~BF2 or B11~BF2, low or double low to overhead mixup. similar to D1 first in concept but since you can hit the low twice for extra mix's. B1 can stuff some wakeups too.