What's new

Creator of Tekken Breaks Down "Netcode" and Managing Online Latency

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
So this is grim news for MK X
It really is not. There is never only one solution to a problem.

The really promising fact about MKX is that they had been working with ESL for 7 months. ESL would not have picked up the game, to run online tournaments for, unless it ran smoothly over countless trials. This is a very good sign for online in MKX

Last edited:
E

Eldriken

The really promising fact about MKX is that they had been working with ESL for 7 months. ESL would not have picked up the game to run online tournaments for unless it ran smoothly over countless trials. This is a very good sign for online in MKX
Let's hope so.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"

The really promising fact about MKX is that they had been working with ESL for 7 months. ESL would not have picked up the game to run online tournaments for unless it ran smoothly over countless trials. This is a very good sign for online in MKX
How i wish that what you say is true :p

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
This is kind of funny because Midway (NRS) actually did something like this waaaaaay back in MKD, the first online MK game, but they did it with RECOVERY and not startup so it messed with the game's frame data badly. It wasn't until MK9 that they made it so the frame data stayed the same online as offline.

Lone

KHAOTIC
That's all very interesting, and I suppose it makes sense as he elaborated further. One of the key things he touched on was that a developer must design the entire fighting game to be played online from the get-go.

Then he went on to say that they've implemented various countermeasures to deal with the woes of online play.

At some point, I wonder if developers will get together and create some type of standard formula for netplay. I mean, who knows, since they are discussing it among themselves quite a bit as of late.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.

QFT. I am VERY suprised that this point hasen't been brought up before.

Fractured_Shadow

Really likes to throw things at you.
I actually have brought it up once before on here, but I believe it got lost in the more important questions like "who's the prettiest female in mkx" and 'who has the biggest bulge in mkx"
Lmfao ya that casual-ness as of late has been pretty epic. But it is to be expected with the launch of MKX. From time to time I think I signed into my dust covered MKU acount while looking at the threads being created... and posted in lol. I have mostly been sticking to PMs and the 17 secret character counsils PMs Im in lol.