What's new

Crazy thought about captain cold.

I read somewhere that the weakest being on the marvel universe to survive absolute zero is Galactus, that encountered absolute zero near the end of the universe (comic science). well... captain cold has absolute zero, one of the only ways to beat that is with the speed force which is the very essence of movement againts the total inertia caused by absolute zero. does that mean that with a cold field or cold shot he can kill beings like superman and the silver surfer, both of which have no connection to the speed force?

if he can, then he would potentially be top tier in the game ( not balance wise :p ) alongside flash and maybe doomsday if he adapts to the cold.

EGGXI Reedoms ShowboatingPenguin Robotic Shark care to share your comic knowledge if you have any about this? this is serious shit.

Reedoms

Noob
does that mean that with a cold field or cold shot he can kill beings like superman and the silver surfer, both of which have no connection to the speed force?
Yes but he has a good thing going on with Flash and the other Rogues in Central City. No point in getting unnecessary heat on him for killing someone like Supes. Though Surfer could probably survive it if he was a herald of Galactus and not just runnin around.

Yes but he has a good thing going on with Flash and the other Rogues in Central City. No point in getting unnecessary heat on him for killing someone like Supes. Though Surfer could probably survive it if he was a herald of Galactus and not just runnin around.
damn, that's pretty impressive for a guy with an ice gun (what you think of that mr. freeze?). i wish the rogues would get a book. i know he won't kill anyone important, that would be awful.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Can Cold take Galactus? No, he might give him a cold finger tip, but that's it as the absolute cold field would not be large enough.

When it comes to Superman/Silver Surfer level beings who are of a more manageable size, the question is whether or not Heatvision/The Power Cosmic can penetrate the cold field. If they can, Cold gets splatted. Heat vision is essentially light/lazers, theoretically I don't think even absolute zero/complete heat death can slow down light?

Can Cold take Galactus? No, he might give him a cold finger tip, but that's it as the absolute cold field would not be large enough.

When it comes to Superman/Silver Surfer level beings who are of a more manageable size, the question is whether or not Heatvision/The Power Cosmic can penetrate the cold field. If they can, Cold gets splatted. Heat vision is essentially light/lazers, theoretically I don't think even absolute zero/complete heat death can slow down light?
it can slow down the flash, who sometimes travels at the speed of light (maybe faster) to human levels at close proximity, but if it blocked light would he be able to see normally?

EGGXI

Scary Bat
Hm. Well I suppose there are a few more issues as well now that I think about it. Nothing gets passed the cold field is the phrase that is used, but what essentially occurs is stuff in the cold field gets frozen, so Flash slows down because his muscles get frozen in the cold etc.
So much like in Injustice, say Superman throws an interactable at speed, or flies toward you at full speed, if he or the object is airborne when it enters the cold field, does it still end up hitting Captain Cold, albeit frozen? I don't know enough about physics to say whether or not a super durable substance, like Superman, is fragile after being exposed to that level of temperature.

Basically I think in the above scenario Superman might die, but he takes Captain Cold with him?

EDIT: Like Reedoms said though, he wouldn't, Rogues always keep it small time, you go around killing Heroes and all you get is trouble.

Hm. Well I suppose there are a few more issues as well now that I think about it. Nothing gets passed the cold field is the phrase that is used, but what essentially occurs is stuff in the cold field gets frozen, so Flash slows down because his muscles get frozen in the cold etc.
So much like in Injustice, say Superman throws an interactable at speed, or flies toward you at full speed, if he or the object is airborne when it enters the cold field, does it still end up hitting Captain Cold, albeit frozen? I don't know enough about physics to say whether or not a super durable substance, like Superman, is fragile after being exposed to that level of temperature.

Basically I think in the above scenario Superman might die, but he takes Captain Cold with him?
bullets stop, all momentum stops in absolute zero so i don't think anyone without the speed force or reality altering powers can get through it.

EGGXI

Scary Bat
bullets stop, all momentum stops in absolute zero so i don't think anyone without the speed force or reality altering powers can get through it.
Well then it's the Heat vision argument I guess. Although one could theorize that even if the field doesn't slow light( if that is how heat vision is in this instance) then theoretically at least the heat of the light ( if that makes any sense I have no fucking idea) would be considerably less? Making Heat Vision basically like a laser pointer?

Also other version of heat vision are less like a laser and more to do with Superman somehow using his eyes to cause molecules to vibrate faster, causing heat. This is the invisible heat vision sometime used in comics but the best example of it is in Smallville. Thus molecules in the cold field/absolute zero can't move? So is Heat Vision useless? Also the explosion argument... the cold field suggests that heat from the explosion would be negated.. as would the shrapnel?

I don't think we have a good enough understanding of the cold field to argue this...

Well then it's the Heat vision argument I guess. Although one could theorize that even if the field doesn't slow light( if that is how heat vision is in this instance) then theoretically at least the heat of the light ( if that makes any sense I have no fucking idea) would be considerably less? Making Heat Vision basically like a laser pointer?

Also other version of heat vision are less like a laser and more to do with Superman somehow using his eyes to cause molecules to vibrate faster, causing heat. This is the invisible heat vision sometime used in comics but the best example of it is in Smallville. Thus molecules in the cold field/absolute zero can't move? So is Heat Vision useless? Also the explosion argument... the cold field suggests that heat from the explosion would be negated.. as would the shrapnel?

I don't think we have a good enough understanding of the cold field to argue this...
damn, i think the second example of heat vision you theorized is the one that superboy uses, the tactile telekinesis one, i don't think superman uses that.

ShowboatingPenguin

Nothing gets past the Cold Field.
Some of Mirror Master's powers are explained like reflecting empty space so he can be able to faze through walls.
Flash v2 #133 pg08.jpgFlash v2 #133 pg09.jpg

CCVengeance

The one guy hoping for Kai
I haven't done science since I was 15... or any subject that requires a calculator.
All my science is pretty much based on things in comic books.
You are talkign to the 19-year-old who perfectly understood all things blackhole by the age of 8.
I just dont like Captain Cold.