What's new

Question Couple of Kitana Questions

Theme

Noob
So I've really come to love using Kitana. She is probably one of my best characters within a week of practice, and that only happened with Kung Lao and Ermac. I've been playing my friend 1on1 nonstop for hours today, and I came across 112xcutter(EN is safe) and I found that even the cutter itself is safe, if not for the possible poke my friend can get out. I really dont watch pro matches, and the last time I really paid attention was EVO, and Im sure this game has matured greatly since then and new strings and whatnot has been found. My questions are:

1) Does Kitana have any other safe options? I've seen people use 21 into airlift, but Im not sure if thats possible to cancel into a cutter (I'll have to check in the lab later on). Are there any other alternatives?

2) What kind of mix-ups would you use with Kitana? Like 112xcutter, I would follow with another 11 into grab, or sweep / low poke / or even a cross-up.

3) What is the most damaging combo with or without bar (preferably without or maybe just 1) after you catch someone with a wakeup airlift? What I usually just do is JP>iAF>F1>cutter for around 26-29%, which I know is weak. I know for sure that there are better ones, but I need something practical and safe to use (consistent).

(I've checked the Kitana Kombo Page but everything looks so confusing and cluttered that I have a hard time differentiating them, sorry :( )
Thanks for the help in advance guys.

F4, 1 - neutral on block
B3, 3 neutral on block
3, 3 neutral
2, 1, 2 slightly negative but not punishable by anything but chip damage

Keep in mind cutter hits high so even though its safe it can be ducked. I believe if your opponent stand blocks 212 they're jailed for the cutter. Not a kitana player, but I mess around with everyone. Refer to somberness's frame data ->

http://testyourmight.com/threads/kitana-frame-data.12842/

Theme

Noob
^ Thank you for the swift reply.

I have one more question though. My friend uses a lot of cross ups when he has already gotten in. Now my question is regarding this, which is better, Kitana's d+1 or d+4/d+3? I really haven't used d+4 or d+3 that much in my mix ups which I see to be a problem now. Which do you guys prefer? I thought her d+1 lowered her hitbox much more than her d+4/3. Can I get your inputs on this matter? What do you guys link up to the d+3/4's?

I dont have my PS3 right now at home, but Im planning to test out some blockstrings linked into those into grabs or something similar. What do you think?

RampaginDragon

Loses to uppercuts
Highest dmg combo I think is fwd21, njp, dash fwd, 4, fan, dash fwd, 4, lift, dash under opponent (I think 2 dash's), b2, fan, dash fwd, fan, fwd2, cutter.

Something like 47-50% with jip. Can't remember exactly. No bars.

Keep in mind this combo is obnoctiously hard. There are ways to make it easier at the cost of some dmg or a bar, but at that point the risk of dropping it is still high, and IMO not worth it.

Now when I use Kitana I go for 21, exfan cancel, jp, f41, dash fwd, 4, lift, dash, jk, fan, dash fwd, fan, dash fwd, f2, cutter.

Something like 46% with jip and pretty easy combo.

there are many good strings forward O square canceled into a cutter/down back O for a mix up most people stop defending after the square thing canceled so its mostly a free cutter or down back O or doing it fully and right after down square cutter on opponets def or if he stopped blocking