What's new

Corner Game Questions

Hey guys I was seeking to master Shang Bang (sp?). I absolutely love him but I've had quite a few hiccups in match-ups and I was wondering if ya'll might have some answers.

What are some techniques to pressuring against superior zoners?

How is Shang suppose to play in close quarters kombat? What exactly are frame traps and do you do them? Resets?

And most of all, what do you do to folks you get in the corner? I have heard so much of his sick corner pressure I would love to follow suit!

Sigmar

Ex Mortis
1,What are some techniques to pressuring against superior zoners? If you're tsung it depends on whom your facing that is zoning you, besides that up skulls, ground skulls, usually hitting them not in front or behind.

2,How is Shang suppose to play in close quarters kombat? What exactly are frame traps and do you do them? Resets?
Also depends on whom your up against up close, i'd rather have that be asked "against [character], A frame trap is a sequence of moves where the first move's frame advantage (or disadvantage) plus the startup frames (not counting the first active frame) for the follow-up move creates a window (the frame trap) where the opponent, even if they perform a move to react, will be stuffed (or even counterhit) because the active frames of their move will not come out before the active frames of the second move of the frame trap. (found on a website, no explaining],Of course, this means that frame traps are opponent-dependent; not all frame traps will work on all characters, and there are certain situations where you might not have any frame traps because an opponent has a certain move which will always allow them to escape the frame trap.

221 DU4, is good vs most characters.

3, Resets? All resets are with the DU2, Good ones would be 221 DU2, . B121 DU2, if you catch anyone out of the air or after a 221 DU4 you can, 12,12,12 DU2. A reset is best after using 12, to set it up. Corner resets, one would be... 221 DU4 JK F434 DU2, which i believe would maximize your damage, and then do a reset.

4,And most of all, what do you do to folks you get in the corner? I have heard so much of his sick corner pressure I would love to follow suit!

LOTS OF RESETS, I listed one above which is the best i think for a reset? (not including the air skull)
221 DU4 JK F434 DU2
221 DU4 JP 12 b121 DU2
F434 DU4 F434 DU2,
there is many more but those are resets