What's new

Tech Corner Crossup/Mixups + Hardknockdowns...ouch

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Hi guys, just thought I would share what I have been working on with Nightwing. Nightwing’s combos always seem to land me in the corner whether I am using escrimas or the staff. F213, f3 will usually carry to the corner if done just outside midscreen. I have found multiple ways to guarantee an u3/u3d3 to cross up from both stances, and also ways to follow up pressure on u3/u3d3 on hit and block from this position. This is mainly about u3d1, however if they catch on to u3d3 being a low, u3(overhead) will hit them overhead. So not only do they have to contend with a cross up, they have to guess if you go for the overhead or low...AND even if they do guess and block it...you are at +10 for u3 and +9 for u3d3. If you hit with either it seems that Flip Kick MB cant be poked out by any normals too either, and again makes them have to reverse inputs to wake up.

From Escrima you can get a cross up u3/u3d3 on the following:
B2
I would usually use these on their own after a pressure string, say I land f213 xx Ground Spark; I am at +17 I will pressure with either 113 or 223. 223 is pretty awesome because I could cancel the last hit for another ground spark (unsafe I know) or they get hit with the overhead in the string, therefore setting up the u3d1 crossup mixup

113 is the only combo ender that will allow for the u3d3 cross up.

Waking up to beat the u3/u3d3. when going for u3 i found it almost impossible to get a wake up out...when going for u3d3 i could get the wake up out but i had to reverse the input.

Video 1 – Escrima Combos
Key to getting u3d3 to hit is perform it as soon as 113 has connected

CORNER COMBOS
F213 xx fury, j3, 113 (29%)
b2 112 113 (25%)
33 xx Scatter Bomb MB, 113 (26%) + the only good thing about this is that scatter bomb MB puts you at +20
b2 , input the u3d3 (unclashable)

CARRY TO CORNER COMBOS
F3, j3,112, 113 (33%)
F213, f3, j3, 113 (32%)

Video 2 – Staff Combos –

Just a note on the staff spin xx 4. u3d4 CAN be poked out, u3 cannot, personally i cannot wake up for the life of me when i tested this on myself.
CORNER COMBOS
1f1 xx ground spark MB, j2, 1 xx staff spin xx 4 (32%)
2, j2, 1 xx staff spin xx 4 (25%)

CARRY TO CORNER COMBOS
F3, j2, 1 xx staff spin xx 4 (26%)
1f1 xx Ground Spark MB, f3, j2, 1 xx staff spin xx 4 (36%)

Video 3 – Ways to follow up u3/u3d1
Flip kick MB, j3, 113 (26%) This is another cross up.
Throw back into corner – in range for b2, 112, 113

Block Strings into cross up Flip kick MB

Karnage

Ancestors give me Strength!!
Sorry guys on holiday at the mo, 113 isn't techable and i made a typo it should be u3d3 sorry. I think 113 is the only string as a combo under that can't be teched. Try it dudes, set dick in training mode and just do 113 in the corner followed by u3d3. Wake up won't come out until dick has actually crossed up, if you reverse the input for the wake up then you will escape but it's pretty difficult. If you delay u3 to go for the overhead then it will still cross up but I couldn't wake up for the life of me.