What's new

Controller Suggestions

I've been trying to find a wired controller with a solid D pad, and no mushy R1,R2 buttons. I do have a mini Hori stick which I switch on and off, but I'd like to find a fully wired controller with a solid D pad and non mushy R2 buttons. Are there any on the market currently people use? Or do I just have to find a used ps2 remote and an adapter. Note: this is for online play, I don't have a local scene, just tired of inputting moves and jumping in the air, etc.

I have tried many controllers with various results, The ugraded rotating depad for xbox is waste of time, it is no better then the standard xbox controller. The afterglow elite Ax1. dpad looks the same as standard xbox but its much more precise. Its downfall is it small and leaves room for input errors. I recently got a ps2 pad and extokki converter and really like it. I also really like the madcatz figtpad becuase the layout is nice, the dpad is floaty as hell but very responsive. I recommend that or go Ps2 with converter. Everything else is overpriced and does not last.

WynterEnd

Your sacrifice honors me!
I just recently went through several controllers looking for a great one. I think I found the best option. Its for PS3 only though.

Can't recommend it enough though, awesome d-pad (best I've ever used), R&L 1&2 are all non-mushy short travel clicks that feel great. Plus it has R1 & R2 on the front so if you play a fighter where 6 face buttons is the best setup you're good to go with this too. It is wired, great feel and weight, turbo function; long cord too.

All that, plus you can adjust the angle of the d-pad buttons AND the width of the diagonal input range on the d-pad. Hard to explain but you can read about it on the 5th picture on the link I'm posting of it below. Anyway, enough teasing and on with the name already... Hori Fighting Commander 3 Pro

Bought mine just 3 weeks ago off Amazon for $45; unfortunately it seems to be out of stock on Amazon right now. If you're impatient you can just get one for more money (~$95) off ebay. It really is worth it though, plays great!

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057WDD6O/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1