What's new

Controller Crisis, please help!!

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
If any of you have seen me at tournaments before during the beginning of injustice's life, you know i am a stick player. and i don't wanna make an excuse for myself by saying this but using stick at ect5, nlbc, vsm etc was the worst decision i made. before that i got my stick the beginning of april, an MLG madcatz TE stick. so going into a month and a half later using stick at ect5, i felt limited in what i was able to actually do and it frustrated me, but i am no man of excuses, so i didn't say "oh i didn't win cuz i used stick" blah blah. so after that tournament i dropped stick entirely, although execution was smoother on stick, motions, combos, jumping, almost everything was smooth, the one thing that it limited for me personally was movement. my main problem was dashing and doing anything afterwards. so if i wanted to dash up d1 in injustice of MK9 for me it was difficult. with the flash that is a main strategy especially with his new buff. dash up sonic pounds, anything with dashing forward and doing a move was difficult at the time. so i switched to pad.on pad i could do everything, it was easy, and this game is very pad friendly. if you have seen any gameplay on my youtube channel, against tom brady, pig of the hut etc they were on pad. now your saying well zyphox you solved your problem, well no i haven't actually. on pad i feel delayed somewhat when compared to stick, and on pad i can't for the life of me do back forward motions to save my life on reaction. with the flash doing bf2 is a necessity. punishing projectiles like DS low shot on block is impossible on pad for me. on stick, you can't zone me, on pad i mess up my inputs all the time on bf motions. not only that but look at what happened to nightmare sf, my madcatz TE stick you can lock the start buttons and stuff, on ps2 pad with converter, not so much.

i am stuck in this no mans land on stick and pad. maybe its my ps2 pad? actually no because when i use my ps3 pad i can't do them either.

so my question is should i stick to pad, or try to play on stick and learn how to move better? and i can do everything on stick easier as well.

another question is.....should i get a hitbox? i know some people with hitboxes, and if some one is stuck between pad and stick, wouldn't a hitbox be a solution?

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I would just keep practicing with the stick. I find it easier to do alot of things in Injustice and MK on the pad but I'm a fan of the arcade stick so I stick with it.

Zyphox

I would just keep practicing with the stick. I find it easier to do alot of things in Injustice and MK on the pad but I'm a fan of the arcade stick so I stick with it.
yeah i fell the same, its just movement is the thing that kills me on stick, do you have any advice on movement on stick?

Zyphox

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
yeah i fell the same, its just movement is the thing that kills me on stick, do you have any advice on movement on stick?
Nope and I could use the same advice if you find it cause that is what hurts me the most right now on stick is the movement. I never mess up the buttons on the stick its always a directional error and it kills me cause I don't have that problem in SF or Marvel.

Zyphox

Nope and I could use the same advice if you find it cause that is what hurts me the most right now on stick is the movement. I never mess up the buttons on the stick its always a directional error and it kills me cause I don't have that problem in SF or Marvel.
yeah another reason why i wanna play stick is because of those games, i wanna pick up SSF4 and UMVC3, i own both games already, but i feel if i get decent at SSF4 it will help me with my reactions and throw breaks since that game is faster, and marvel will help me with blocking :)

Jimmypotato

Mid Tier
I find this game easier on stick,

haven't tried hitbox yet, but it might be the superior controller for this game because of the way you have to do instant air fireballs,

this doesn't apply to flash, but doing U B F 2 would be hella easy on hitbox to get them right off the ground since you can't do UB F 2 in this game.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
yeah another reason why i wanna play stick is because of those games, i wanna pick up SSF4 and UMVC3, i own both games already, but i feel if i get decent at SSF4 it will help me with my reactions and throw breaks since that game is faster, and marvel will help me with blocking :)
You have to watch out for that too. I know it is not the same for everyone but I feel like I have to "dumb" myself down to do combos in NRS games and then I go back and play SF and can't hit shit. I feel like playing NRS games is making my SF and Marvel gameplay worse lol. Playing Marvel will improve your blocking for sure I actually think alot of ppl on TYM would improve alot if they played something other than NRS games only.

Zyphox

I find this game easier on stick,

haven't tried hitbox yet, but it might be the superior controller for this game because of the way you have to do instant air fireballs,

this doesn't apply to flash, but doing U B F 2 would be hella easy on hitbox to get them right off the ground since you can't do UB F 2 in this game.
yeah i wanna try a hitbox before buying, i know my boy NY_Jailhouse has one. also with stick i feel like lag really effects me more on stick when online than with pad.

Have you tried different ways of holding the stick?
i am not familiar with all the different ways to hold a stick, also from what i see my hands on the buttons on a stick are different too. i have my index finger on the x button and my middle finger on square, ring finger on triangle, pinky on R1.

DLA

Noob
yeah i wanna try a hitbox before buying, i know my boy NY_Jailhouse has one. also with stick i feel like lag really effects me more on stick when online than with pad.

i am not familiar with all the different ways to hold a stick, also from what i see my hands on the buttons on a stick are different too. i have my index finger on the x button and my middle finger on square, ring finger on triangle, pinky on R1.
I usually keep my thumb on x as it makes it easier for me to tech throws in Street Fighter. As far as grip goes I hold it between my pinky and ring finger and dash right by tapping it with the top of my palm and dash left by using my thumb. Its all preference really.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
I usually keep my thumb on x as it makes it easier for me to tech throws in Street Fighter. As far as grip goes I hold it between my pinky and ring finger and dash right by tapping it with the top of my palm and dash left by using my thumb. Its all preference really.
Thats the same way I hold my stick and I find it to be alot more effective and comfortable

Reactions: DLA

Zyphox

Thats the same way I hold my stick and I find it to be alot more effective and comfortable
like putting your pinky under the stick part and your ring finger over it? that doesn't seem comfortable at all.

Sasarix

"Heaven Will Fall!"
i feel like my pinky gets in the way when i hold it like daigo, i have big hand too so maybe thats why.
I used to feel that way but I got used to it after awhile. In the end it comes down to your comfort levels and what you feel works best for you when it comes to gripping the stick. I have to hold the stick different depending on what game I'm playing like when I play Marvel I just grip the ball with my 1st 2 fingers and my thumb.

If you come back to new york you can check out the reo hitbox all you want lol

I just broke it though. Dropped it on the USB input Witt he USB cable plugged in, USB input bent and some transistors broke, wont read the controller now lol.

Just ordered a new pcb though so when that comes in Il rewire it and it should be all good

Zyphox

If you come back to new york you can check out the reo hitbox all you want lol

I just broke it though. Dropped it on the USB input Witt he USB cable plugged in, USB input bent and some transistors broke, wont read the controller now lol.

Just ordered a new pcb though so when that comes in Il rewire it and it should be all good
i just got a good job thtas really flexible so i'll definetly be in NYC more since we also do business in NYC as long as i get my licenses transferred to NYC, so i'll be around there soon :)

just be careful because new systems are coming out in a few months and your hitbox will not work on those until new PCBs are made for next gen consoles, and you then spend more money on top of the 180-225 you spend on a dual modded hitbox now......

Zyphox

just be careful because new systems are coming out in a few months and your hitbox will not work on those until new PCBs are made for next gen consoles, and you then spend more money on top of the 180-225 you spend on a dual modded hitbox now......
ehhh the money ain't the problem :), plus the only fighting game at launch that i know of is killer instinct on xbox one. so i'll get one if i like it when i test one out.

ehhh the money ain't the problem :), plus the only fighting game at launch that i know of is killer instinct on xbox one. so i'll get one if i like it when i test one out.
yea seriously hitbox is the way of the future... i dont see any point in playing on stick lol. hitbox is superior in every way. only thing thats difficult on it is 360s/720s but if you play a character in other games that has those there are ways of doing them that is still faster than stick... fastest possible zero frame zangief grabs? yes plx

Yah I actually have trouble with half circles on hitbox (hitting both diagonals is weird) but it doesn't matter really for injustice or mk