What's new

Control Scheme?

Xerclipse

"I saw you staring"
What are the other new buttons for Injustice? I heard they are really changing the game mechanics in this one to the point you can't compare this to Mortal Kombat anymore.

Here is what I already know:

(im pretty sure X,Y,A would be either classified as light, medium, or heavy)
X/"Square"- attack
Y/"Triangle"- attack
A/"X"- attack
B/"Circle"- Gimmick Button

No direct block button but to hold back.

Siky

Noob
The only concern I have is with the alternate input scheme (SF Style?) that projectiles from Cyborg are like QCF + L (close), QCF + M (mid), QCF + H (far)... rather than QCB+L (close), QCF+L (mid), HCF+L (far).

IF there's no difference, they're just making you do the extra input, then there's no point at all in the alternate scheme.

JJocelot

Don't give up!
Injustice also has the stance switch button like MK9, doesn't it?

I really wish they'd do something more useful with that button, like turning it into a KoF-esque dodge mechanic or something.

Siky

Noob
Injustice also has the stance switch button like MK9, doesn't it?

I really wish they'd do something more useful with that buttom, like turning it into a KoF-esque dodge mechanic or something.
Why would Injustice have Stance Switch? Rather than do something with it, they should just make hitboxes uniform regardless of which way your character is facing. I don't know how the better tournament players feel, but personally the whole idea of Stance Switch affecting the consistency of your combos was dumb and aggravating at the same time.

The only purpose I see for Stance Switch to ever serve is as a tool to measure time for a setup (like whiffing attacks does in other games) or to make someone twitch when you're zoning and pressuring them. This is already done by hitting fast attack buttons that recover quickly so you can't be punished while people zone with projectiles, but you could also do this in someone's face if you're fast enough to make them twitch to make certain moves harder to recognize.