What's new

Control Changing Glitch

Hello TYM Faithful, I want to ask you if you have been subject to a weird function of Injustice that was experienced at Southern Rebellion in Shreveport, LA this weekend. There was a match between Guy in Green and Pozerwolf (an accomplished Blazblue player) in the tournament where They had played a match (with Guy in green coming out the winner) then went to the character select screen for pozerwolf to change characters. In the second match, Guy in green was winning handily to the point where with about 20 percent of Pozerwolf's life remaining in the match, he (PW) pauses the games while claiming that his buttons weren't right after they had gone through the button checks as well as the first match. He throws a fit and goes to the TO after Guy in Green declares that he will not do a do over and ends PW's character's life to win the 2nd match and the set while PW was telling @BTK Hyena what happened. In the process, Guy in Green was declared the winner and PW was X'ed from the tourney with a refund because regardless of whether it was a glitch or not, he paused and immediately forfeited when GIG denied his plea for a do over.
Later in the day after the tournament had ended and the sparks stopped flying from this incident, I was playing casuals with Guy in Green and after playing a few games, he went to the CS screen and changed characters and we went into our next match. Problem was, he had a whole new configuration for his buttons without us even touching those options. It turns out that the game, as it was developed mainly for 360, wound up resetting the PS3 configurations from time to time when the player retreating to another menu chose his options. I believe this is fixed now with the most recent update, however this wound up making an already fun tournament very interesting indeed.

Your second paragraph is based on a misconception.
I wasn't using my arcade stick; I was using someone else's stick. The stick was called a "Fighting Edge". The Fighting Edge Arcade Stick has programmable buttons. You can map buttons on the stick without having to go to button config. I accidently reprogrammed the stick in the middle of our session. I went to grab another stick and we continued to have casuals later that day without any problems. What had occurred during our session had nothing to do with this glitch.
I'm sorry about what happened to PW.

This is what happened from my point of view.

PW and I had made sure we had gone through a button check. I beat PW the first round. I beat him pretty convincingly. After the first round he went to character select and picked the same character. I guess he wanted a different stage. He landed first hit on me and gained the meter but failed to convert that first hit into a combo. I recovered and landed the first combo of the match on him. As I was comboing PW, he began to complain that his buttons were wrong. I said that we had already gone through a button check to make sure that he was on the correct button layout. He paused mid match anyway, told me that he was in fact on the wrong preset, and asked to restart the match. I told him that I didn't want to restart our entire match and that we could play our round through. I told him that I was about to unpause. He wasn't happy with me because I didn't do as he asked. As I unpaused, he got up and went to find a TO to complain. I played the match through. As he was complaining 2 other players claimed that PW had done the same thing in two other tournament matches. Regardless if PW had paused to complain about his buttons in other matches or not, it didn't help his case. He was disqualified from his match and was given his money back.

Personally I usually play on PS3 and I have not ever come across this glitch before. I have never heard about it before. I have never seen it since. PW was the only person at the tournament to complain about the glitch. The TO's (who are also avid Injustice fans) have never experienced this glitch before. I don't know if the glitch was real or not and I'm sorry this situation went down the way it did.

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
I've had my controls change on me in 3 different tournaments. What seems to happen each time is that I change the preset, then save, and then when i go into the game, my preset will save, but I'll be on the wrong preset. e.g., I'll change to preset 3, but then when I start playing, I'm preset 1. The changes I made to preset 3 were saved though. This only happens if I change my controls from the character select screen though, so now I always make sure to change the controls in-game.

Are you guys trying to figure out why PW was whining?

I think I've ran into something like this before where my friend's button configuration kept changing to mine (I was running Custom 1). Wish I could go into more details, but we didn't see it as a big deal. That, or maybe we were screwing things up on our end.

Maybe this was discussed in the "The Injustice Issues/Bugs" thread.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
As I precaution I always make sure buttons are set at the char select screen and no one hits "Default". I think some combination of setting buttons in-match and/or hitting "Default" messes stuff up. I am almost certain I have seen someone selecting "Default" on a control scheme makes the other player go to preset 1.

I haven't seen if any of this is fixed in 1.04

FlipinFlava

Kuya Andy
As I precaution I always make sure buttons are set at the char select screen and no one hits "Default". I think some combination of setting buttons in-match and/or hitting "Default" messes stuff up. I am almost certain I have seen someone selecting "Default" on a control scheme makes the other play go to preset 1.

I haven't seen if any of this is fixed in 1.04
I think it might be this too.

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
Happens to me a lot. Definitely needs to be fixed like Now!

Your second paragraph is based on a misconception.
I wasn't using my arcade stick; I was using someone else's stick. The stick was called a "Fighting Edge". The Fighting Edge Arcade Stick has programmable buttons. You can map buttons on the stick without having to go to button config. I accidently reprogrammed the stick in the middle of our session. I went to grab another stick and we continued to have casuals later that day without any problems. What had occurred during our session had nothing to do with this glitch.
I'm sorry about what happened to PW.

Actually, upon further test, this is fact. I tried this again at home and it was again changing the layouts. This is a real problem with the game so no ones fault in the end. Still, PW should have said something sooner in the match before it was too late.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
I've had my controls change on me in 3 different tournaments. What seems to happen each time is that I change the preset, then save, and then when i go into the game, my preset will save, but I'll be on the wrong preset. e.g., I'll change to preset 3, but then when I start playing, I'm preset 1. The changes I made to preset 3 were saved though. This only happens if I change my controls from the character select screen though, so now I always make sure to change the controls in-game.

This is ultimately the best thing you can do at this time. I would educated and reinforce the idea to do this before any tournament. Otherwise, you'll just have to ride out the preset until the end of the first round/game/etc.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Not judging(well kinda) but if my opponent said his buttons were wrong, I would hear him out or at the very least let him pause and change his preset. I mean if you beat them when their buttons are wrong, is it really a win?

That is just me though. If it is a legit glitch then people should be allowed to pause to change the preset. It makes no sense to pay money for your controls to change mid match.

I have also had this happen before so it definitely isn't uncommon.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Not judging(well kinda) but if my opponent said his buttons were wrong, I would hear him out or at the very least let him pause and change his preset. I mean if you beat them when their buttons are wrong, is it really a win?

That is just me though. If it is a legit glitch then people should be allowed to pause to change the preset. It makes no sense to pay money for your controls to change mid match.

I have also had this happen before so it definitely isn't uncommon.

Handle it how you will. As long as people are learning.

Maaaaaan, you going to come to the next Kommunion? :D

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Handle it how you will. As long as people are learning.

Maaaaaan, you going to come to the next Kommunion? :D
When is it? I have had a basketball tournament every single weekend there was a tourney for like 6 months. I would go if I could, trust me.

Not sure if this is related to the glitch you guys are on about but I have had some wierd stuff happening with my controls after this latest update. When in training mode earlier I noticed the button inputs displayed were a little off so I checked my preset but it was fine so tried a few move like standing 2 and checked the input feed which to my confusion said that along with 2 I had also inputed up back and up forward at the same time I also tried up forward which had a really broken result where the input said that I had inputed up forward, up back, 2, 3, switch stance, meterburn and paused the game. I then defaulted the preset then redid my controls and for that session it was back normal but when I went back to the character select screen double checked my preset and began training again the same problems returned. To try and fix this I switched to preset2 and input my button configuration making sure to save it went back into training while selecting preset2 making sure my buttons were correct and when trying to play the preset reverted back to default even though the presets controls were showing mine setup in the pause menu. I tried saving multiple presets and that didn't work and coming of injustice and back on didn't fix this issue. I am hoping that the next time I go on its fixed otherwise I will have to wait for a patch or something to fix this.