What's new

Console exclusive combos O_o

Delriach

Sindelly
Basically just a copy and paste of what I posted on Shoryuken... since my account here was active yet.

So yeah. I've had MK9 for the last few days now on the PS3. I came up with this . It's at 58 seconds into the match when it occurs. I went to try it out after I got home from the MK launch... only to find out that I couldn't do the combo anymore. I can't cancel out of her back kick. I'd also like to point out that I have the combo recorded in training mode. Even there it doesn't work so I know it's not me.

I went to the 360 version to see if I could still do it. And... I could. I have it updated and went online. I can still do it just fine.

When I was playing online on the PS3 just hours before the MK launch, I did face someone with a bunch of gibberish as their name with a US at the end. I remember when I used a debug PS3 unit when I worked at a PlayStation Event I was able to create a PSN ID that would come out the same way. I haven't created an account since the launch of the system... so I'm not sure if forming user names with a bunch of gibberish in the same way is something that's actually possible to do now. Either way, that person doesn't show up on my players met list while everyone else I played does.

>_> maybe I fought someone on the team that didn't like my kombo and had it changed? I dunno. That's just speculation and completely unrealistic since my combo wasn't anything special lol. Either way, one version of MK can do the combo. Another cannot. At least, as of this writing.

Update: it's no longer possible to do on the 360 anymore. RIP Sindel combo. I will miss you ;_;

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
Yeah, you can't 2-in-1 off the f4 OR the standing 3 anymore... those were her most important pokes for getting the scream. NRS has officially destroyed Sindel.

They can change her back...

Delriach

Sindelly
Yeah, you can't 2-in-1 off the f4 OR the standing 3 anymore... those were her most important pokes for getting the scream. NRS has officially destroyed Sindel.

They can change her back...
the only "good" thing is that they still allow you to do a 1 into scream. But... come on. Why would they do this to my baby ;(

SGX

Noob
This is kind of upsetting for several reasons, and I don't even play Sindel.

Firstly, the 2-in-1 doesn't seem to be broken at all, it's a silly change. I hope they don't take it upon themselves to nerf things that have no business being nerfed making the game stiff, stale, and boring.

Also, inconsistency between consoles is a TERRIBLE thing. This very well may not be the only inconsistency.

NRS, don't ruin this game, please?

Delriach

Sindelly
There was no download. It came through the server once you start the game. And it's the PS3 version that got the "fix". I haven't checked if the 360 version got it today.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
360 version got a patch the first day it was out already. Did PS3 not get the same patch?
ps3 got the patch, it doesnt work on ps3 no more.. they need to undo what they did to her.. if you take away that might as well take away subbies 2in1 freeze, scorpions 2 in 1 spear.. i can go on and go.. these are all similar moves..

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I'm kind of disappointed that scorp's hellfire from his 11 dial up got removed :( at least he still has others though