What's new

Question - Outlaw Consistant combo into sand trap?

Hi. Can someone recommend a good combo into sand trap? I've been using 21122, but the timing can be tricky as you need the full string to come out for it to grab them / connect. Also this doesn't work on Goro and Corrupt Shinnock (big characters?).

And also can anyone recomend a blocked combo that will cancel into sand trap connecting?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have taken some notes regarding what we've discussed. With some things I've tried out myself.

Easy Sand Trap on hit
b12xxdbf2

Easy Sand Trap on block
f12xxdbf2

Juggle into Sand Trap
f12xxdbf2
b12xxdbf2

Corner juggle into Sand Trap
b33xxdbf2

The 21122 String on Block
211xxdbf2
21122xxdbf2 (Sand Trap has to come out before last hit)

The 21122 String on Hit
21122xxdbf2 (Sand Trap has to come out after last hit. Only connects mid screen, whiffs in corner)

The 21122 String juggle
211xxdbf2
21122xxdbf2 (Sand Trap has to come out before last hit)

Thank you to @The Farmer and @BlackViper415 for the tools for epicness!

Last edited:
Use 11, and do either 11b3 into mb sand grenade for the combo or just 11dbf2
I hit confirm 21122 into ex grenade when I have meter, or sand toss without meter. But was looking a string that consistantly cancels into a connecting sand trap, or tick throw.

Stab is your answer
I usually finish my combo with stab, but I'm looking something for sand trap as 1) I just like that move 2) to get 3 for the x-ray brutality or the sand trap brutality 3) for tick throws on block.

Sometimes I've been doing it after a sand toss, but that feels like a waste as I could get more damage.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
Hi. Can someone recommend a good combo into sand trap? I've been using 21122, but the timing can be tricky as you need the full string to come out for it to grab them / connect. Also this doesn't work on Goro and Corrupt Shinnock (big characters?).

And also can anyone recomend a blocked combo that will cancel into sand trap connecting?

Thanks in advance.
You can cancel into Sand Trap during his 21122 at three spots: after the 211, after the 2112, and after the full combo, but it'll only work if the opponent is blocking. If you try doing it while they're not blocking, the Sand Trap will whiff.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
You can cancel into Sand Trap during his 21122 at three spots: after the 211, after the 2112, and after the full combo, but it'll only work if the opponent is blocking. If you try doing it while they're not blocking, the Sand Trap will whiff.
Isn't 2~dbf2 a tick throw as well?

The sand trap whiffs after the full string on block. Will test earlier input.

Also the sand trap will connect on hit after the full combo, but not earlier. You sort of grab them out of the air from the last hit that launches. To time this there is a slight delay before inputting sand trap.

BlackViper415

TYM's Head Herpetologist
I just do starter string xx sand toss, b32u1, f12 xx sand trap. About 27%, but as others have said, use sand trap for tick throws and stab to end combos.

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
The sand trap whiffs after the full string on block. Will test earlier input.

Also the sand trap will connect on hit after the full combo, but not earlier. You sort of grab them out of the air from the last hit that launches. To time this there is a slight delay before inputting sand trap.
Huh, could've sworn that I had connected after the full string was blocked. Guess I was wrong on that part.

Huh, could've sworn that I had connected after the full string was blocked. Guess I was wrong on that part.
I'm was nearly 100% sure it whiffs after full string on block, but starting to doubt myself. Might be different in corner and mid screen.

I forgot to say: Full string on hit to sand trap whiffs in corner, but connects at mid screen.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
There are varying states to 21122 and points in the string that allow you to go into tackle. In a juggle state, you can 211-tackle and 2112-tackle. Grounded on hit confirm you can 21122-tackle. On block you can 21-tackle, 211-tackle, and 2112-tackle to tick throw. @InFlames and @HeroesNZ if I missed anything, they know more than me.

I just do starter string xx sand toss, b32u1, f12 xx sand trap. About 27%, but as others have said, use sand trap for tick throws and stab to end combos.
I wouldn't of thought F12 into sand trap; I'll try that.

I do end my combos with stab (usually B33xxDF2), but was looking sand trap options as I like it, to get 3 in a round for the x-ray brutality and in some situation keep the sword for NJP.

There are varying states to 21122 and points in the string that allow you to go into tackle. In a juggle state, you can 211-tackle and 2112-tackle. Grounded on hit confirm you can 21122-tackle. On block you can 21-tackle, 211-tackle, and 2112-tackle to tick throw. @InFlames and @HeroesNZ if I missed anything, they know more than me.
Thank you sir. Answered all my questions in one post :)

lionheart21

Its Game Over, Man
I'm was nearly 100% sure it whiffs after full string on block, but starting to doubt myself. Might be different in corner and mid screen.

I forgot to say: Full string on hit to sand trap whiffs in corner, but connects at mid screen.
Just tested it in Practice mode with the AI on Block Always. You're right, it does whiff at the end, both at midscreen and in the corner.

Dinosaur

Data Collecting
sand trap is my arch nemesis, i love the move, but godamn if i dont wiff it 50% of the time in almost identical scenarios.

Noob
Offline:
B321U NJP wait a second run-cancel F24 211 sandtrap

B321U run-cancel F24 211 sandtrap

Corner:
B321U NJP 3/2 or B3 21122 sandtrap

Offline/Online because NJP is hard as fuck online after they added more recovery frames on B321U