What's new

Congratulations to STB TakeAChance and Friction Burn for winning the TYM New Main Tournament!

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight

What a set of tournaments!

The action on the PSN was fierce! It came down to Friction Burns Sub Zero vs Cossner's Raiden. The sets went right down to the wire with Friction Burn narrowly pulling out the 3-2 victory. Congratulations Friction Burn and a hell of a showing with Sub Zero!

On the XBL side, STB TakeAChance was not to be denied on this night. On the eve of buying his very first home, he vowed to win the tournament with Noob Saibot. 6 Beers deep he faced Big D in Winners finals and defeated his Sindel 3-1. Big D was not to be denied however as he won his losers finals match against ToTheArks's Cyber Sub Zero and put it all on the line against TakeAChance once more.

Big D came out ferociously resetting the bracket with a dominating 3-1 performance. STB TakeAChance got out early after the reset with a 1-0 lead, but Big D rallied back making it 1-1. Big D took a commanding 2-1 series lead and threatened to eliminate TakeAChance from the tournament and claim victory, but TakeAChance tied it up. It all came down to the final match. Zoner vs Zoner. TaC took the first round, but Big D dismantled him in the second. The last round came down to the wire with TaC picking up the victory with Noob Saibot.

Congrats to all involved, it was really fun. Thinking about doing Round 3 next Sunday as it should allow for more competition. Thanks to all who participated, wonderful matches.

Great tournament, great experience.

PSN Bracket
http://challonge.com/nmtpsn

XBL Bracket
http://challonge.com/nmt360

STB Shujinkydink

Burning down in flames for kicks
STB TakeAChance is the man. Not ONLY did he win the tournament, but he plowed through my KL with noob of all characters. this man has proven himself as a top level player, and if he ever makes it out to a big tournament, you are all in trouble!

_xFriction

Warrior
Shoutouts to killa_solid If he could have stuck around for finals I'd be in 2nd place... will upload the vids Monday. Cossner and I had a few epic matches in losers finals.

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
Shoutouts to killa_solid If he could have stuck around for finals I'd be in 2nd place... will upload the vids Monday. Cossner and I had a few epic matches in losers finals.
Thx bro. It was time mismanagement on my part. I really thought the tournament was scheduled for 8 Eastern. And don't sell yourself short, I think it could have gone either way, def would have been a hype final.

TakeAChance

TYM White Knight
Thx bro. It was time mismanagement on my part. I really thought the tournament was scheduled for 8 Eastern. And don't sell yourself short, I think it could have gone either way, def would have been a hype final.
Come back strong this Sunday at 8pm est :)