What's new

Tech - Hellfire Concealed resets to perform mini vortexes using hellfire effectivity

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Don't get ahead of yourself Hellfire is not master race, you can let go block on the last hit of the blockstring at any stage of the blockstring and you will be out of the loop, of course scorpion have to guess either you drop it or not, and can exchange the fireball with a ex spear or teleport, but that's a guess, if he do any of that without you releasing the block he loses the bar although with e spear he says safe he will not restart pressure.

Also, if ppl get smart enough they will realize later on that you can simply backdash out of delayed B3 and F3 setups, since scorpion is based around mobility he doesn't have backdash chasing normals that lead to combos, which he can only recur to his spear or teleport fot that matter.

Hellfire is fine, honestly there is nothing to nerf here so far.

Train

Noob
guys don't call for nerfs before we can see 1 (one) scorpion player doing good on tournaments.... Why would NRS nerf him if non can even come close to wining a tournament with scorpion ?

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
Maybe if we keep it quiet for another 6 months NRS will feel like it's too late to patch and then we can gloat about hellfire master race lol
I honestly really like Hellfire more than the other variations simply because i feel safer. Scorpion nust feels unsafe to me in a way. Maybe being that safe is a problem but then that means tone down Jax rocket cancels as well. Idk who else hae it. Raiden? And he gets a COMPLETE reset out of it. Everyone always hates on the Spectre

The blockstring pretty much guarantees 12-20% damage every time he gets a standing 2 blocked (unless he is out of stamina), and of course it's a hitconfirmable string on hit too. The fact that he can use meter to leave him at +8 is even better, and I actually noticed a couple days ago that if he does the blockstring ending with EX fireball, then does a teleport, he can immediately do another blockstring because his stamina will have recovered by then.

There's another case where a character had the opportunity to do something like this. Jin from Tekken 4, AKA the most broken character in competitive FG history.
I'm not gonna say it here because people haven't figured it out yet, but 214 is pretty easy to deal with. I don't wanna say it's situational, but you do have to be careful with it when someone knows the matchup well.

What you should really worry about is what's gonna happen when we get f3 FBC f3 down... If everything works how I think it does, that'll be our go to later on in the game.

On topic though. Would it be possible to slide a b3 in for a reset whenever we FBC in combo, or do we have too much frame advantage to do it inconspicuously? Either way, this is still good tech to catch people slipping, or not, and that's the beauty of it. Anything that might make someone over think stuff just by making the threat known is super useful imo.

Triplswing

your soe will BERRN
I'm not gonna say it here because people haven't figured it out yet, but 214 is pretty easy to deal with. I don't wanna say it's situational, but you do have to be careful with it when someone knows the matchup well.

What you should really worry about is what's gonna happen when we get f3 FBC f3 down... If everything works how I think it does, that'll be our go to later on in the game.

On topic though. Would it be possible to slide a b3 in for a reset whenever we FBC in combo, or do we have too much frame advantage to do it inconspicuously? Either way, this is still good tech to catch people slipping, or not, and that's the beauty of it. Anything that might make someone over think stuff just by making the threat known is super useful imo.
If you have information about 214 FBC, you should share it here. The point of this forum is for scorpion fans to improve, after all.

So far the best escape I know of is to deny a HC by intentionally allowing yourself to take the last hit.

As for your question, FBC b3 never seems to combo from standing 3 and standing 4, so maybe linking those from flame aura, you could sneak in a reset.

Last edited:

ciaran carrick

Lars a noob
B3 mix up is great and all but giving his only other option for combo damage is F4 which has huge start up it begs the question why should anybody blocking scorpion ever block high in the vortex situation?

Block low and react block F4, F2 is an option ofc but I'd take that anyday over getting chucked back into vortex scenario.

I do think people just need to remain calm when in the vortex against Scorpion, its not all bad compared to some of the nonsense safe 50/50s in this game that people are ignoring.